We stayed here for a week whilst visiting Zanzibar and the cottages in the garden were well equiped and comfortable,set out so not overlooked. The private beach is fantastic and quiet. The family boat which we chartered twice with the Captain and crew, a picnic and snorkelling kit was absolute bliss, swimming with the dolphins and picnicing on the boat, stopping when we wanted as it was just the two of us.
The food produced by the restaurant at anytime of the day was superb, fresh and the flavours are light and reflect the islands vibrancy. We ordered lobster and had a feast.
A car and driver was ordered for us for our day in Stone Town which was brilliant as it meant we could take our time and visit the spice farm on the way back.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and owners. Hope to be back one day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flame Tree Cottages. A small 16 room beach hotel in a private garden. It is one of the newest developments at the quiet end of the North West Nungwi tourist area, which boasts some of the nicest beaches in Zanzibar. We are beachside & West facing for perfect sunset views & it's a close walk to numerous restaurants and bars of Nungwi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Flame Tree Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Flame Tree Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi