We stayed five nights at Flame Tree. I thought the accommodation was really good, perhaps the only improvements I would suggest would be a safe in the bungalow (but must say there was a safe available in the owner's house) and possibly a suitcase stand would have been nice. Having breakfast on your own verandah was so laid back. Food was good and because of the good food and the restaurant setting just beside the beach, we actually ate at the Flame Tree all the time. The beach was just there but if you preferred the swimming pool, that was there as well - what more could you want? If you preferred to try somewhere else for eating, you could wander along the beach and there were other cafes/restaurants quite close.
My daughter's case didn't arrive with her and when Seif, the owner found out, he was going into Stone Town and made a detour to the airport and found the case and sent it back to Flame Tree. That was really appreciated.
We would recommend doing the snorkelling trip just off Mnemba Island, very enjoyable, with a brilliant packed lunch.
I would definitely return. I loved my holiday in Zanzibar and if I went to Nungwi, I would book at Flame Tree Cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flame Tree Cottages. A small 16 room beach hotel in a private garden. It is one of the newest developments at the quiet end of the North West Nungwi tourist area, which boasts some of the nicest beaches in Zanzibar. We are beachside & West facing for perfect sunset views & it's a close walk to numerous restaurants and bars of Nungwi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Flame Tree Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Flame Tree Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi