We stayed at the cottages in for our honeymoon this August 2009 and loved it. It was a wonderful start to our holiday, the owner live in the grounds and were really helpful and friendly, the rooms are spotless, the beach at the front of the hotel has lots of seaweed but a beautiful beach is two mins away. So not to worry! The hotel does have a private bit of beach with hammocks which we also loved.
The food at Flame Tree was great Christopher the chef was lovely and does a wonderful job. We ate there throughout our stay and weren't let down. They even left us breakfast in our fridge for our early morning when we left.
We had a great relaxing stay for the first few days of our trip and really didn't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flame Tree Cottages. A small 16 room beach hotel in a private garden. It is one of the newest developments at the quiet end of the North West Nungwi tourist area, which boasts some of the nicest beaches in Zanzibar. We are beachside & West facing for perfect sunset views & it's a close walk to numerous restaurants and bars of Nungwi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Flame Tree Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flame Tree Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Flame Tree Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi