We had a small cottage with waterfront views. The room was fairly small and basic but was comfortable with reading lights, a mosquito net, and extra blankets. The bathroom was also a little small but had good water pressure and hot water so that's all we needed! The best part was the view. We had a lovely hammock right in front of our room, which we took full advantage of, and it overlooked the ocean. The pool area is nice and enough lounge chairs and all of the hammocks and hanging loungers are a fantastic touch.
We found that the restaurant food was reasonably priced, but the drinks were expensive - $3USD for a small glass bottle of coke is way too much!!! I'm not sure what the water is like for other resorts but when the tide is out, you would have to walk a long ways to get to deeper water. Thankfully the pool is great so we used it instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Jovago.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi