We stayed at Mnarani on Sept 19, 2008 for one night. We were meeting up with some friends from home after their safari. Everything about our experience with Mnarani was excellent. Before we even arrived I had contacted the resort to see about arranging transportation to and from there as we were flying in. Promptly we received a reply by e-mail from a gentleman by the name of Yussaf, providing details and asking if there was anything else that he could do for us.
Upon arriving at the airport we were greeted by the driver who whisked us away for the approx 1 hour drive north. As we pulled up to the entrance of the place we were greeted with smiling faces by not only the staff at the reception desk but by any of the staff who happened to be walking by.
After heading to our room (the Huba Family Room) we unpacked and headed to the restaurant to get some lunch. Again as we were walking the 100ft or so to the seating area we were pleasantly greeted by all the staff on our way. Lunch was nice as we looked out over the water.
After lunch we decided to all walk along the beach, past the lighthouse and check our the village Nungwi. About 20 minutes later we arrived and checked out aqll the shops, restaurants and such and had a small refreshment before heading back to Mnarani. *Note: we found most of the restaurants closed during the day due to the Muslim Holy month of Ramadan. If you are planning to visit, maybe check when this is so that you will have more choices. It did not bother us though.
Then in the evening we had dinner (buffet) style at the resort. The food was very good. After retiring to our room we sat out on the second floor balcony to enjoy the sounds of the crashing waves and watching the brilliant stars in the clear sky.
Sadly we had to leave the next morning back to Dar es Salaam. Once again the transportation was prompt. In fact we arrived about 15 minutes before we had arranged to leave. The reception staff apologized for the driver not being there yet (again we were early). Not 5 minutes later the driver showed up and off we went.
We have nothing negative to report and we look forward to returning again with more family. Next time we plan on staying longer and enjoying more of this little piece of paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi