My husband and i travelled here on our honeymoon. We had already been on a all inclusive Safari in Kenya so the bar was set quite high. The hotel itself was quite impressive after driving through shanty towns to get there. The greeting area and gardens were really nice, bedrooms were a complete let down. Very old fashioned and just not as luxurious as i expected. The Mosquito net over the bed was very dirty and our rooms werent cleaned / freshened up until the late evening. Our bed nearly broke our backs, the mattress was very bad.The gardens and beach are maintained to a very high standar which was nice. The restaraunt in the Pavillion was very nice but all meals get very monotonous there. Criossants were often rock hard. Being a hotel by the sea i expected to see alot of fish on the menu, prawns and calamari were the only fish on offer in the while 7 days we were there. The pizzeria on the beach was extremely nice and we enjoyed dinners down here the most, it was mainly Italian style. I was very disapointed as the restaraunt that everyone most wanted to go to (the one out on the sea) was not included in the All inclusive deal. We did have one meal there complimentry as we were honeymooners but it was a complete let down. The menu was fantastic but way overly priced, when the waiter realised we were there as "honeymooners comp meal" we were given the most basic dinner. Ourselves and another couple were so disapointed and hungry that we headed off to the Pizzeria afterwards !! At the pizzeria if you wanted to sit on the sand slightly nearer to the ocean you had to opt for the other non inclusive menu which i thought was very bad. I also found that there was absolutely no where to go for a snack or bite to eat bewteen 17.00 - 19.30. This was quite inconvenient. The only entertainment at night was a D.J who played a few karoke songs in the Pavillion. The spa was nice but after going twice i cancelled appts as i found that it was quite cold there and you didnt really get that pampered feeling from it. Staff at this hotel were helpful and friendly.Security was great and we felt very safe. Overall we had a nice time here but i dont think it was worth the money we paid compared to other resorts like this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within exotic tropical gardens and water features inviting guests to enjoy the pristine view over the Indian Ocean, Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est is located on the north-western shores of the magical spice island of Zanzibar. This enchanting, luxurious and environmentally friendly resort is famous for its magnificent beach and large wharf built onto the open waters of the Indian Ocean and stretches out towards the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Jovago.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar Island/Nungwi