Let me first point out the positives of this hotel: it's clean and has a nice beach. The bartender Masoud (at the pool) is wonderful and attentive and makes the best cappuccinos. That's it. Now, let me gather my thoughts for the negatives: first of all, the food is horrible. Every meal is served buffet style and there is lots of food but nothing actually edible. We spent New Years here and were terribly disappointed. Under cooked calamari and langoustines, stale desserts, and beef and chicken dishes that were way too salty. This is everyday ...not just NYE. About the only thing they do well is Indian food and there is little of that prepared. We ordered 4 different bottles of wine only to discover they were out of ALL. This took about 45 minutes for the waiter to relay this information to us. The seafood restaurant that is supposed to be the best on the island was €900 for 7 people ( including wine) and every dish was overlooked and it took 45 minutes to receive the food. We paid for the wine and the manager removed all food from our bill. Service is very slow throughout the hotel. There is no wifi in the rooms, at the pool or jetty bar. Wifi is only at the reception way at the top of the hill. Very inconvenient. The music/ dj is horrible!! He plays nothing fun or current and it's a sure bet that it will cause you to leave the jetty bar or fall asleep as he plays ballads and 80's theme music from movies. We actually asked him to hook up our iPod and play that instead. He played 1 song and went back to his St Elmo's Fire soundtrack music. The manager, Morkle, is polite but seems indifferent to any suggestions, questions or advice about the resort or island. Pool is full of kids and this resort is pretty much all families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within exotic tropical gardens and water features inviting guests to enjoy the pristine view over the Indian Ocean, Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est is located on the north-western shores of the magical spice island of Zanzibar. This enchanting, luxurious and environmentally friendly resort is famous for its magnificent beach and large wharf built onto the open waters of the Indian Ocean and stretches out towards the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Priceline, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar Island/Nungwi