See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I had a wonderful 3 night stay at Sazani and was so impressed with the staff who really went out of their way to make it a lovely experience. It's not a good place to stay if you have trouble with steps but once on the beach it is gorgeous and very isolated. Thanks to the "boys" who walked us along the beach at night so we could enjoy Nungwi night life. I loved the hibiscus decorating the bungalow when I arrived-a nice touch. The food was great!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DeeDeeArusha
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed in two hotels in Nungwi (Amaan Bungalows with a group trip and Sazani). By far, Sazani was perfect. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We did not get to meet the famous Nikki because she was not there when we stayed, but Bokari and Mwanzi were both incredibly hospitable and lovely.

The hotel is on the quieter side compared to some of the others, but the busier west side of Nungwi is very close and accessible if you choose to venture out. Also, Sazani's beach was less affected by the tides in comparison to the west side of Nungwe when we stayed at Amaan.

Each morning we had delicious breakfasts with homemade jams and fresh mixed juices that were out of this world. The jams were so amazing that I asked the kitchen if they could sell us a couple jars to take home with us.

This is not a huge luxury resort. Rather, it is a quiet and quaint oasis that you will find total relaxation (another tip is the massages, which I did not take but my two friends who did raved about).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Me and my three friends had a really good time at Sazani!
Paradise beach, lovely rooms and a great host (Thanks Pippa) - everything for a great value.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at Sazani Beach Hotel with 3 colleagues. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! The food was excellent and the beach was amazing.

Unlike many of the (much pricier) hotels further north, the beach in front of Sazani has plenty of dry sand even during high tide. (At other hotels the water reaches all the way to the rocks, leaving no beachfront.) Having walked all the way around the western to eastern side of the northern peninsula, Sazani truly has one of the best beaches around. We found no need for a/c in the rooms.

The rate was unbelievably affordable especially compared to other hotels.

Nikki was also a very attentive, considerate hostess.

YOu won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I came here last year and returned this spring with my boyfriend. It was just as peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing as I'd remembered. Sazani's owners and manager are working hard to make the property environmentally low-impact, which is a rarity on Zanzibar with huge resorts. The staff goes out of their way - we got an impromptu free cooking class after my boyfriend commented how much he loved the calamari. Highly, highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple