I just got back from staying at this hotel for around 6 nights and I had a great time.
The hotel location is fantastic with great views and easy access to the beach (walk down the steps from lunch and you are at the beach). We enjoyed quite a few dinners relaxing and seeing the ocean/sunset.
Generally I like to get out of the hotel and eat at other places, however I can assure you the restaurant at the hotel is the best in Nungwi. The curries and masalas in particular are super rich in flavor and resulted in us nearly licking our plate after each dinner. Remember to make reservations as the place fills up, and also the waits for dinner can be long due to all the people wanting to get this delicious food, be patient.
As a contrast the breakfast (included in the room) is just ok. It's not bad, nothing is wrong, it just doesnt compare with how good the dinner is.
The staff were always friendly and helpful - giving us advice and helping with other things.
On the sad side (and this is not the hotel's fault) the beach is a particularly unrelaxing experience on most days. Why? Because this is a tourist city and thus there are tons of teenagers/early 20s who hang out on the beach and harass you to go on tours with them or buy stuff. They all act nice, asking your name and such, however they are all just trying to sell stuff and after you say no to 10 people, you get frustrated.
One particular time I was talking with my wife along a lovely beach at sunset, and every 10 meters a new person came up to us to befriend us, sometimes even cutting off my conversation. I know these guys are trying to make a living, but it just sucks due to how constant their pitches are, and that they are on the beach so you cant walk in the waves without them talking to you.
Again, this last part is not the owner's fault and he makes an effort to get these people off you, but he can only do so much.
Other points - rooms are a little basic, but totally acceptable and honestly we barely spent time in the rooms except for a little relaxing on the porch some evenings. Bed is a bit hard, but perfectly acceptable. Cleaning staff were attentive to cleaning the sheets and making the room nice each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LangiLangi Beach Bunaglows is located in Nungwi, Zanzibar. The hotel has got a total of 34 rooms which are Standard Garden Room, Pool Room, Seaview Suite, Marhaba Suite and Royal Zanzibari Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Langi Langi Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langilangi Beach Bungalows Hotel Nungwi
- Langilangi Beach Hotel
- Langilangi Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Langi Langi Beach Bungalows Zanzibar Island/Nungwi