“Great place, views and people”

Langi Langi Beach Bungalows
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Nungwi
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here on the first floor (try and take a higher floor for better beach view) in Sear facing suite. The room is nice, the shower area is good too and so is the food at Langi Langi. The people are very hospitable and friendly. I am a vegetarian so I mostly had to stick to their pizza (which was very nice) and some other salads (very nice), etc. But my friend tried a lot of sea food and meat and she liked all of them too. Just watch your bill! They invariably added some items to our order (perhaps by mistake) or increased the total etc, so be careful and cross check your bill before paying.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We only stayed for 2 nights, but would have loved longer. We had the top floor Royal Suite, undoubtedly worth the extra cost for the breathtaking views from the balcony! Looking straight down into the beautiful turquoise sea or out to the surrounding islands, what a view to wake up to. The suite was lovely, huge balcony and 4-poster bed, nice bathroom although the water pressure wasn't great. There are some very steep stairs to get up to the top floor so wouldn't be ideal for everyone.
The restaurant is lovely too, best to make a reservation during the day if you want to get a table as it does get very busy. Food is awesome and the service is good. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, although we found that throughout Zanzibar.
Overall I would hugely recommend this place, and I would definitely return if we came back to Nungwi.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor Royal Suite if possible, stunning views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wildmanpunk
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few days while volunteering near Arusha and we really enjoyed our experience. We stayed in the more expensive suites and our view of the ocean was wonderful and the room itself was large and very comfortable. Overall there might be slightly better hotels, however I don't think that they could be much better, but from what I found they were significantly more expensive. I definitely think that Langi Langi is the best value and overall one of the best hotels there.

Although I don't think the restaurant was great, it wasn't too bad either though, the service was great. The hotel, from what I understood, is owned by a guy named Sully (I'm not sure how to spell it) and he is very friendly and overall a really great person. He definitely made us feel welcome. My wife got a little cough before we got there and the first night that we were there we ate the cafe there and he was helping wait tables and I guess he noticed my wife was coughing because he made a really nice drink to help her get over it. We both appreciated his hospitality.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the best! It's worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in early April after completing a northern circuit safari. We stayed 2 nights in a standard garden bungalow and 2 nights in a seaview room. While the seaview room not only had a sea view but was also larger with a more luxurious bathroom, we found both room types to be comfortable. The air conditioning is good, the plumbing works, there is hot water, the bedding is comfortable, there are sufficient toiletries, and the pool and rooms are clean. There was a buffet breakfast with omelettes and pancakes cooked to order, and the other meals we ate at the hotel were tasty. Wifi was only available in the hotel restaurant, but was generally sufficient for our needs. The staff were responsive and friendly. We wanted a comfortable hotel in a nice location where we could relax for a few days, and the Lang Langi more than met our needs.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cheryl275
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Relaxed there for 6 glorious days with my two sons after a Safari . Very friendly staff , location , cleanness and restaurant services made it unforgettable .Happy to recommend to others. Being off-season we feel that they tried a bit harder and had the time to offer more attention to everybody, Tried different restaurants along the beach but dinner at the Langi Langi has nothing to be shy and we could see why it attracted dinners from other places too.

Room Tip: Sea view of course !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is our 7th Trip to Langi Langi and safe to say it is like a home from home, nearly all of the Staff are the same as when we travelled there first (a great sign of good management) everyone remembers us and it is the personal touch that we really enjoy. Food is excellent and often times when you fancy something a bit different from the menu all you do is ask and they will cook something special for you with your suggestion in mind. Sele the Manager is excellent and does the rounds every day and evening ensuring all guests are completely happy, he is passionate about his food and the service that he provides and it is very evident that his enthusiasm spills out to all his staff in that they cannot do enough for you he is also very funny and witty !!!! we stayed a total of 17 nights this time and started to notice the changeover in Guests, people would eat there first night then try somewhere else and then they would be back for the duration of their stay with guests from other Hotels queuing up for Tables, most times the Restaurant was fully booked with reserved signs on all best tables (which are all the tables as it is built on a deck with the ocean flowing under where you eat). We are never disappointed with our Stay in Langi Langi and will continue to come back year after year, the Rooms (we always go for the seaview) are spacious with large double bed, couch, armchairs, coffee table, fridge plenty of Hangers, Safe and very large Bathroom, there is also a lovely patio area right outside your door where you can sit and enjoy a front row seat to amazing sunsets, all the Rooms are typically Zanzibar Style as is the whole complex, beautiful gardens with beautiful flowers, plants etc miles of white sandy beach literally on your Doorstep. The food is very reasonable excellent price for excellent food. We would highly recommend it for people not wanting to stay in the bigger hotels who want to genuinely want to experience a bit of real Zanzibar in a Safe/Beautiful Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MaureenBaker
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The athmosphere is so nice and relaxing . Staff is very friendly and helpful!
The restaurant i am sure is the best on the beach! Don't miss the King fisk in lemon butter sauce
I will for sure renommeet to book a room with sea view as it's really worth the money! Ask for a room on 1st or 2nd floor if possible, as they are nicer than the ones on ground floor.
My biggest recommandations for this nice little place
Weather in start march, mostly clowdy we experienced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple