After a safari in mainland of Tanzania, we had decided to end the vacation by a cosey relaxing enjoy-the-sun-do-nothing week at Zanzibar. We had laid the arrangements into the hands of our travel-arranger who warmly recommended Langi Langi as "just the place" with an unconventional, friendly attitude, off-beat and very beautiful location.
We were not disappointed in any way!
The location was simply just stunning. We had the luck to come to the place end of season, just before rainy season. The view was stunning and even more stunning with thunderclouds in the horizon yet pleasing climate and weather locally.
The owner is "in-to food" which means the menu is short & very very good. (Try the hot stuff - its fantastic). The staff is very straightforward. It's a small place and close to a small village. No shopping facilities worth noting. You can just borrow a canoe and paddle along.The rooms are good. The beds are OK. Some rooms have a stunning view (try go for the ones with a sea-view)
Well - if you want a nice fancy and modern hotel with all the nifty stuff, this is *not* the hotel. If you want to be able to stroll into a town. This is not the place.
But if you value good food. An off-beat location. Nice people. Relaxation. This is definitely the place.
To see something on the island?: Just ask the reception, they will help you hire a driver & a guide. It is definitely worth it. A lot of possible tours can be bought.
The island is not larger than you can drive all over the place in a few hours.
Only 4 out of 5? The breakfast some days tended to be (ahem) somewhat "experimental" / reduced, and the (complimentary) wi-fi was at times a joke. And this is not the place to bring children.
Besides that - I would definitely go there again, if I ever get a chance! No doubt about that!!
(And dear traveler - please remember, this is Africa - if you want luxury and all that, stay in the main-cities, don't stray to the real parts - but if you are OK with nice people and friendly service in general - this is the place).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LangiLangi Beach Bunaglows is located in Nungwi, Zanzibar. The hotel has got a total of 34 rooms which are Standard Garden Room, Pool Room, Seaview Suite, Marhaba Suite and Royal Zanzibari Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Langi Langi Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langilangi Beach Bungalows Hotel Nungwi
- Langilangi Beach Hotel
- Langilangi Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Langi Langi Beach Bungalows Zanzibar Island/Nungwi