A beautiful beach resort. The pool and sea being only a few yards apart. All of the staff very attentive and helpful. A fantastic place to relax.
The rooms were comfortable, spacious and kept clean. The "beach boys" were kept at bay by the Masai security guards otherwise they could have been a problem.
I've been to Africa before and I would say this resort was better than I'd experienced before. I would have liked to have been given the choice of an indoor restaurant but I should have researched the resort a little more in depth. I expect to be confronted by flies but find it hard to ignore them as others seem to be able to do. It did seem strange though that sealed pats of butter were in covered containers but "open" food left uncovered. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and were not disappointed with the food/drinks on offer. I was however surprised that the soft drinks in the room mini bar were chargeable but not at the bars. We could have done with tea making facilities in the room as well.
Overall though, we had a great time and would recommend the Sultan Sands to anyone.
We are looking at a safari next year in Tanzania and will not hesitate in booking this hotel for a few days after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Jovago.com, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa