We stayed for 2 nights last week, beautiful grounds, very friendly staff, awesome food, lovely pool and beautiful beach. We had American BBQ buffet on friday night and Seafood BBQ buffet on saturday night. Wide variety of food, and great taste. Breakfast was very good as well, they have everything from eggs , beans, beef & pork sausages, grilled tomatoes, bread, waffels, 4 types of fresh juice, variety of fruits, yoghurt & variety of pastries. While we were on half board basis, we did see alot of people wearing bands for all inclusive which is better if you want to enjoy a lot of drinks which are very expensive. The pool & hotel grounds were very clean.
We were upgraded to Bahari rooms which was great !. had also walked down to their sister hotel the Blue bay to check out the Spa which was very good. There are daily activities at either the Blue bay or Sultan sands for example on friday they had water aerobics and the next day they had stretching & volleyball i think. On both nights they had lovely band playing while guests enjoyed their dinner. Hmmm, 2 nights passed like a breeze, it wasnt enough, we wish we could stay longer. We will definately be back .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa