My daughter and I stayed in a standard garden room, on arrival at our room we realised we had a double bed and not a twin as requested. Within 20 minutes we were installed into another room with twin beds and staff very apologetic about the error. The room was very clean, every morning when the room was made up, fresh flowers were added to the bed and the mosquito nets neatly styled. Each night the beds were turned down and the mosquito nets released. The balcony was a good size with fantastic views across the gardens to the sea. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room
The gardens are beautifully landscaped and well kept. The beach is wonderful soft white sand and very warm waters. At low tide it is possible to walk out to the reef, so swimming is not an option at low tide although wallowing in the warm sea is a pleasure. There was varying amounts of seaweed but apart from seaweed the beach and sea is very clear of any litter.
The swimming pool at the resort is large with views of the sea.
We were on a half board basis and were very impressed with the quality of the food. Each evening was a different food theme. The tables were set beside the swimming pool for the evening meal a lovely setting.
Overall a fantastic place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa