“A SECOND HOME BLUE BAY”

Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Kiwengwa
Reviewed 4 December 2013

blue bay is the one of the most lovely homely place i ever been, it was a team trip which no one will never forget about it, we had an amazing time we felt like we are at home....then reservation team was very friendly,i can't explain about the waiters and waitress they become our friends on the same day they knew our name that was just amazing someone to rem your name it makes you fell at home..the security was amazing as well i still remember the Masai guy Paul hes a very friendly all in all the service is excellent words cnt express how blue is....the rooms are very comfortable homely,the pool is just too beautiful...the foood omg am still misssing it, the desert is to die for... for me blue i can call it a second home and its amemory which will never be forgoten at all..thank you mr hasssan you and your team are amazing keep it up.will make sure to come again n again.....blue bay is my second homee

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 December 2013

It was our 3rd time at Bluebay, and it was as good as usual. The pros are: the beach, the ocean, the garden with the palm trees, flowers, skink, squirrels etc, smiling staff, the pool and the lack of noisy Italians :-) The neutrals: the rooms and room service, reception, shop and maybe the dinner. The cons: evening music entertainment is mostly disturbing, breakfast quality is very-very poor!!! and also the choice could be wider. Bar service is a bit slow, quality of coctails could be better.
So I think, all together, it is a good value for money choice, I will defoóinitely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After 5 years we had decided to take all of our Team to what we call home in Zanzibar - Blue Bay Beach Resort. From the reservations team (Parita) to the Resident Manager (Hassan) to the staff of Blue Bay it was just nothing short of superb and excellent. I did not expect to be hosted in such a Royal Manner ... we were there not only for leisure but also a small workshop and it was all handled so wonderfully ...My Team was so happy as they had never experienced anything like this before ....we had the most wonderful time ..from the rooms to the pool to the beach to the food it never stopped...just too good and could not fault it anywhere . It may not be the height of luxury but it just has it all to make a wonderful get away and the best holiday .. I could never think of going anywhere else ... Blue Bay is the Best in Zanzibar ..as a Local Tour Operator I think it has it all ....Thanks to Everybody at Blue Bay for making our Getaway and retreat so special ...Vaheeda Dawood (Director)

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are good and a swim in the beautiful sea is a must ... Sultan Suite is the best and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlfaZulu
Reviewed 18 November 2013

They've thought of most everything. (other than getting a new dive shop leasee)

The grounds are meticulously maintained and the rooms are comfy -
They've even set up a solar system so you have hot water and all the electricity is backed up by the solar storage and generators. So when the power goes out on the island (and it does rather frequently) - 12 seconds later the back up reserve power is going....

The beach is stunning!
During low tide the water pulls back at least a 100 meters or more to expose a beautiful coast line for walks, creature finding, shells, locals hawking their wares etc...
We hired a local to take us in a dHow (traditional little boat) out for a snorkel run... very cool! and peaceful!
The locals, for the most part are rather nice and polite. Each resort along the beach as hired Massi to guard the beach, as well as throughout the resort or should I say keep the locals from becoming to pushy in their sales attempt while on the sand. (Perhaps thats why they are rather nice and polite.. ) And boy do the Massi get respect. No one messes with them.. and they are so nice to the tourists - We found conversing with them a highlight of our trip and our boy (8) played for hours of shooting pool over the 6 days we were here.

Food? - One of the best in the area...and lots of it...
They have different themed dinners nightly and have excellent breakfast chefs!

The hotel offers great guides to Stonetown and Spice tours... which you have to do if you are in Zanzibar.

Free Wifi is available in the outdoor bar / lounge area.

The staff is supper nice and knowledgeable.

Except for the dive / snorkel shop, The owner is a complete turd.
(technically its not part of the resort - but lessees the hut out that is on the property..)
Her staff of one (1) is scared to answer questions or address guests, as she will yell at him for not quite fitting her guidelines... She's not even friendly to the guests, and is more about what we wont be able to do if she decides you are worthy of paying her...
She is completely self absorbed.
I cant imagine spending a whole morning on a dive with her chiding my butt the whole time, while I'm on holiday.
Do go down the beach to the Italian dive shop and enjoy your dive like you're are on holiday!
Bluebay Beach resort - take note... Get rid of the Turd running the dive shop...
It makes the resort look bad. - and other than that.. Its a great place to visit!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LumenateTHEway
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had really not decided on where to go for my vaccation until a friend of mine adviced zanzibar. I got to kiwengwa and thought I would try Bluebay beach resort and spa, on my arrival the staff at the entrance welcomed me with beautiful smiles, I felt at home...I got to the rooms and they were awesome cool and comfortable, I was feeling hungry so i had to eat something, the waiter came and explained to me the best food they had, I had the best sea food ever...

It was quite a coincedence since my friend who was there, was celebrating his birthday..so I had one activity added to my list..on his birthday, the waiters really made it special by sigging for him all around the restrurant with the help of the live band that was performing, there. It looked like a real planned party it was amaizing, it gave me an idea of wea I would like to celebrate my birthday.so Bluebay is not only for honey moon but also for fun and relaxation.

I was so curious to try the kind of drinks they had at the bar...so I went to one of their bars and I asked the bar lady for the cocktail of the week...It was the best ever...I had a few drinks and decided to have dinner...as I had expected I got a table by the beach and exclusive service..

The managers at the bluebay beach resort and spa are exceptional, they were always making sure I was getting good service and that my stay was comfortable....the F&B manager was always going looking after the guest in the restrurant and making sure everything was ok...I never could have thought that managers work that hard until I saw and experienced it at Bluebay beach resort &spa in zanzibar, kiwengwa.

I had my time alone to walk down the beach relaxing my mind, wen incame back I went for a swim at their private swimming pool...it was clean and I felt so comgortable there.on the day i had to leave, I felt like im leaving a piece of me there I really dint want to leave but I had to come back to reality because to me I felt like I was living in paradise.

It was the best experience ever.thats definatly the place to be on vaccation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank janesandra
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed for 5 nights during our honeymoon and it was lovely. The staff makes you feel at home and various themes for dinner makes you enjoy and get something new everyday-like visiting vary many places without actually leaving your location. The swimming pool very nice and clean.

Blue Bay Zanzibar is just the place to visit when u want to relax and be cared for.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view from the balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

There is no room for boredom even when unaccompanied. I enjoyed listening to their Karibu Band music every evening near the pool as diner is being served. They have pool tables, ping-pong table and a large room for Premier League football fans. The beach is devoid of criminals even at night and staff very courteous. For families there is a place full of toys for kids.

Charles.B

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiwengwa
Melia Zanzibar
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
3 mi away
Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa
Sultan Sands Island Resort

Been to Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!