“Best swimming pool and food”

Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Kiwengwa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I really enjoyed their buffet with themes of africa meets middle east

swimming pool was just best in zanzibar as you can see on their photo

they have picked good location in kiwengwa beach i really enjoyed white sand beach here

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had great time at the resort .We stayed der for 6 nights after 5 days of safari .The rooms were spacious and nice .The staff was friendly and helpful .The food was nice whit a variety of choices .The only drawback was that you had to juse car for visiting other parts of the island .I will recomend that you plan for that .Staying at the resort could be boring if you stay on the resort for many days .We went for the spice tour and blue safari .I can recomend that .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hansen60
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had a wonderful time at Blue Bay. The beach is just amazing! The rooms, food, service was all very nice and I could not fault anything. The best part was the Dolphin Tour the hotel arranged for us that was just excellent! We got to swim with wild dolphins out in the open sea and the experience was absolutely wonderful. After that we had a great snorkeling experience too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Farzana Mughal P
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff though friendly dont seem adequately trained.. our room was not clean when we arrived and my bedding was torn. Service very slow and one always got a feeling a lot of cost cutting was being done. Food is very mediocre and not value for money. Overall I would not come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Cheptoo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I spent 3 nights here at Bluebay, which was a good amount of time. I should caveat by saying that I'm not that enamored by resorts in general, and while it was lovely and sunny, it didn't seem particularly "Zanzibar" to me, except for the Massai guards and the constant hassling by vendors when I ventured out to the beach (rarely, due to the hassle factor of people trying to sell things). I found Stone Town much more vibrant and authentic, but that's just a reflection of my vacation preferences more than a knock against the resort.

Basically, it was a very pretty, very nice resort with beautiful rooms on a beautiful stretch of land, but it wasn't terribly interesting and I don't think I'd want to stay for much longer than I did. There were lots of Europeans at the resort, and what seemed to be a lot of middle aged European women who came to hook up with Massai men, so there was a constant parade of those couples on the beach, which made for entertaining people-watching.

I felt comfortable as long as I was with my boyfriend, but when he left me alone to go back to the room for a few hours I got bothered by a few Massai (including one who worked there) inviting me to a disco that evening, and one random guy I believe working at a neighboring resort asking me to come play volleyball, and I had a hard time shaking them all off. It was annoying and I wanted to be left alone.

The food was excellent, especially the swahili night food. The zanzibar coconut curry at the bar restaurant was excellent, although the service there was incredibly slow. The house band that played in the evenings was comically bad, just amazingly, hilariously terrible.

I did a snorkeling trip with the dive shop that is sort of linked to the resort but not really (I'm not entirely sure what the relationship is), and it was fabulous! I highly recommend it to anyone staying there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwanawadunia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Good Hotel, great service, lovely people, fab Divecenter.
Guests: mostly Skandinavians, but Locals aswell. Mostly older people, if you want to party.. no good! A good place to relax and have peace. If your a diver: one of the best Divecenters ever is located in the Resort!( good for Snorklers aswell)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

blue bay is the one of the most lovely homely place i ever been, it was a team trip which no one will never forget about it, we had an amazing time we felt like we are at home....then reservation team was very friendly,i can't explain about the waiters and waitress they become our friends on the same day they knew our name that was just amazing someone to rem your name it makes you fell at home..the security was amazing as well i still remember the Masai guy Paul hes a very friendly all in all the service is excellent words cnt express how blue is....the rooms are very comfortable homely,the pool is just too beautiful...the foood omg am still misssing it, the desert is to die for... for me blue i can call it a second home and its amemory which will never be forgoten at all..thank you mr hasssan you and your team are amazing keep it up.will make sure to come again n again.....blue bay is my second homee

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiwengwa
Melia Zanzibar
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
3 mi away
Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa
Sultan Sands Island Resort

Been to Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!