Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa
Hotels.com
Mvuvi Resort(Kiwengwa)
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Zan View Hotel(Kiwengwa)(Great Value!)
US$110
Melia.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsblue baysultan sandssuperior roomstone townevery nightsister hotelnice resorthuge bednice balconyseafoodlive bandthemed dinnershoney moonwhite sandgreat poolindian oceantable tennis
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have just returned from seven days in Zanzibar, staying at the Sultan Sands (2 nights) and Blue Bay (5 nights) Resorts, which I thoroughly enjoyed. We chose this location for a small conference and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel (and I include Sultan Sands in these remarks). Every hotel in the world is made of rooms, beds, restaurants, reception desks, etc. But what makes a place special are the staff and the quality of service they provide. They showed exception friendliness, typified by the ever-present "Jambo" whenever we crossed one another in a hallway, walkway, bar or restaurant. The rooms were impeccably clean, the meals very good (including the best Seafood pizza I have ever had!), the drinks of exceptionally fresh quality, the responses to our endless Wazungu questions precise, friendly and helpful. We felt welcomed, accommodated, secure and cared for.

Blue Bay cannot take credit for the beauty of the ocean and the perfect weather. But they can take credit for the quality of training and devotion of the staff.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the money and go diving off Mnemba Island. The dive shop of the reort grounds was excellent! Bravo Sylvia and team.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and myself stayed there for 4 nights in early October after 16 days of safari's. After that we really needed a break as after here we do another 10 days in South Africa. While we were there there were not a lot of people staying at our hotel but the sister hotel next door was quite busy. We were told that our section catered to more safari breakers and the other catered to more the 1 week all inclusive stays. That being said it was quiet, which we needed, the rooms were great, staff very pleasant. The drinks were a little expensive as were not all inclusive, but we are not huge drinkers, that's what Mexico is for. If you walk onto the beach during the day your hounded by the "beach boys", every 3rd world beach resort has them, so you just ignore them like always. The only complaint (all be it small" was that when we arrived we had been safariing for 16 days and all my tip money was depleted so went to the front desk to get smaller bills to tip and found it was like pulling teeth. They should keep some money for things like that, I am tipping their staff. But like I said great resort, weather was sunny and hot, enjoyed the rest.

Room Tip: we stayed in the beach front rooms , had great unobstructed views of ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel is located 30kms away from the airport but they do have the option of an airport transfer. The staff are very friendly and the buffet has a few very well prepared items (one is not overwhelmed by too many average menu items)... Great spaces for relaxing and generally a lovely place to spend a quiet Island holiday

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Wawira
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Have returned again and again to Bluebay as I find it the perfect mix of casual, comfortable but elegant when you want it to be - like when the kids are in bed, with the lovely babysitters presiding, and I am at the bar with my friends and Pina Coladas. The food is consistently great, the beach is beyond words and the SPA is my favourite in all of Africa - try Thai/Deep-tissue combo. Wish I was there now instead of sitting at my desk writing this!

Room Tip: Ask for the beach-facing suites on one floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Viz2013
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Had a wonderful and delightful stay at this 5 star property. It was a family stay with my wife and kids and everyone enjoyed every second of our 2 nights stay. Everything from food, room, staff, ambiance, facilities etc had 5 star quality about it. Staff took care of every single detail and also remembered to celebrate my 40th birthday in public - in style by bringing me a cake and the whole team sang a birthday song for me!!. My elder son had a wonderful time in the pool and enjoyed the beach. The various African and Indian night dinner and themes at each night provided different experience for us. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family