I have stayed at Melia Zanzibar twice in a span of 3 months. The first time I went was in October 2011 when it just opened. I needed a break from the day-to-day chaos of life and knew there was no better place but Melia Zanzibar. The property is amazing and the service is phenomenal. It took less than 24 hours for all staff I was associating with to know me by my name. I was welcomed by all staff with a smile and was always given the best service when I needed any assistance.
The property in itself is so large and has so many different things to do that no area feels over populated. You are able to find space for yourself and can be comfortable. Gabi Beach is a spectacular luxury beach club that is definitely the place you want to be when the sun is setting (by the ocean with a cocktail). The restaurant options include, Spices, serving an array of international cuisine which was always tasteful; Aqua restaurant was my personal favorite, if you want to titillate your taste buds with amazing flavors this is the place to be. Offering an a la carte menu, Aqua has some great Mediterranean flavors. The jetty bar and lounge has snacks like tapas and some great sushi.
The pool (Wow!) is amazing. On a cliff … the view from the pool is the endless ocean and palm trees. This is where you can actually appreciate the sound of silence. The Jetty has an option of going into the ocean as well. The warm Indian Ocean is great!
After an amazing day relaxing outdoors the Anantara Spa is a great place to spend the evening before dinner. I recommend that you try out the Thai massage. Even though I was not able to grab one the first time I went to Melia, I made it a point to take some time out the second time to relax at the spa.
The rooms are amazing! I am going to start with the large bathroom that includes a tropical rain shower and an indoor shower. The terrace and ocean view from room is calming, giving you the true appreciation of nature.
I picked Melia so I can rest and relax. When you feel the need to get away from the chaos of daily routine, Melia is the place to be. It gives you the homely feeling with all the services needed.
If you need a break you should definitely go to Melia Zanzibar. I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Melia, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa