We spent 9 days at Melia in february/march.
Our tour (hotel and flight) was booked separetely. Flight was booked on internet, hotel through a travel agency. We found the hotel on internet. The choice of this hotel was based on the fact that they had a big pool and could offer all-inclusive.
We paid 5000 USD for 3 persons/9 nights.
The hotel is nice, the room is nice and the area, pool and gardens were nice. The service from the people working around you (restaurant, poolside, maid, e.g) was of first class.
When it comes to the food and the all-inclusive consept we were VERY disappointed.
We have 25 years of experience from all-inclusive concepts (other Melia hotels included), so we had great expectations to the food (which is always an important part of our vacation).
The all-inclusive concept on this hotel is quite different from other hotels that offer all-inclusive. They have a graded system: Basic, Premium and Level. We have never ever heard about this system before and there was no information about this on the hotel web-site. The only information you get on their website, is the choice between breakfast, half-board and full-board. So, when you book an all-inclusive package; with this information you will be cheated!!
So, quite unaware of this system, we were checked in as ‘Basic’-guests’.
Being a ‘basic’ guest means that you can not order what you want on the menu. Actually, there are many limitations on what you can order. Forget your Pina Colada and Daiquiri. Forget your hamburger and pizza slice at the poolside. You will not get it unless you pay for it. We felt very provoked of this system, as we were not informed about this.
One example. You had only one choice of beer as a ‘basic’-guest. This beer (Safari brand) was always lukewarm. A couple of days they were sold out for Safari, and we were offered beer from ‘Premium’ grade. Always icecold. When they got the Safari in stock again, it was again lukewarm. Coincidently?
There is no beach outside the hotel. You have to take a car. One day we took the car to the beach. At Gabi beach there is a cafe (quite ordinary) with big terrace with sofas and tables.
We found a chair – ready for lunch, but since we were ‘basic’-guests, we were not allowed to sit there. There were NO other people sitting there, and nevertheless we were asked to use the chair and table on the ground. Unbelievable!
The main restaurant is Spices. It needs some renovation. It’s a miserable restaurant. The variety of food was poor. Just a boring buffet. Especially during lunch and dinner. If you have been to an all-inclusive resort before, you will know what we are talking about. The presentation of the food is poor. The food stations looked like a closed counter at an office. It took us one day before we realized that they were making food to order behind those counters.
The main restaurant is also the cafeteria for the management. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner; up to 7 tables were occupied by the management. This is very inappropriate.
The management should find their own room to consume their food.
It’s quite expensive to stay at this hotel and you will not get value for money. Definitely not! The all-inclusive concept at this hotel is not what you expect it to be. We feel us very cheated. We had ABSOLUTELY NO information about this graded all-inclusive concept.
We called the travel agency the day after we checked in. Like us, they had never ever heard about this system.
We will also inform you about that the prices on food are ridiculously high, so you have actually not other choice than what is included in the all-inclusive.
So, you are hereby warned.
And – don’t bring you teenager. It’s a boring place for them. The management has not been thinking om them as guests. Nothing to offer them. What about installing a billiards in the nice Library bar?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa