After spending a few weeks volunteering, this place was heaven! I didn't even realize that I was in Africa anymore. Remote location makes full board or all-inclusive a must otherwise it can get quite costly. My only 2 minor issues were that I wish some of the staff were more fluent in English and that management would have stopped to say hello to me like they were to the couples and families. Was it bc I was alone?? I spent the morning at the pool during low tide and the afternoons at Gabi beach which was heaven. Outdoor shower was an odd perk too! Wondering if all of Melia hotels are like this and if they are hiring!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa