My wife and I had the pleasure to stay in this resort. Great place with great food. Gabi Beach is the highlight in our opinion.
Most resorts on the island are runned by Italians (famous for food but not so famous for hospitality!!) but now think they got some competition with Melia.
If you want sun, relax, beach and comfort in a tropical destination then I only can recommend this hotel.
One query: The jetty lacks a bit of entertainment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Melia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa