All I can say about this hotel is that it is excellent!
The food, the service, the rooms, the grounds, the ambience, the massage parlour! Excellent!
It's a great place to stay for an all inclusive package.
Very relaxing, great views. All in all a great vacation spot.
The food at the beach bar is great! make sure you try their salads and pizzas.
Things to note ( before to get disappointed)
- The hotel is quite some distance from the airport ( approx. 50 min)
- You will have to take a golf cart like thing to go their private beach( no beach on hotel front)
- Might not be the best spot for families with young children ( they may be bored out of their minds)
- If you get there before check in time - they might be a bit upset about that and probably make you sit and wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Melia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa