We stayed at Melia Zanzibar over New Year 2011 and although the hotel was nice and the beach was good, we felt that we could have been anywhere. Having travelled to Zanzibar before we felt the charm was the local chilled out vibe created by the friendly locals - which was missing at this hotel. The hotel has a very European feel and was mostly staffed by Europeans, which we didn't like. The manager was very rude to the few local staff there were in the dining room in front of guests and he had his family visiting so the staff,who were clearly terrified of him, spent most of the time running around trying to make his table happy to the detrement of paying guests. The facilities and rooms are beautiful, its a pity we felt the experience was spoilt by the atmosphere created by management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Jovago.com, Travelbag and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa