Stayed there for business purposes. Location is is great with tremendous view on the see. I was in a standard room, really large room with a very large bath room including also an outside shower. Always very clean rooms.
Food was also really good, excellent breakfast and buffet for lunch and dinner.
The bar on the jetty is fantastic, just be careful as the wind starts blowing at night and having dinner there could be a bit chilly.
The beach is also really ice but a bit far away from the hotel, you can't swim in front of the hotel because of the coral plateau, but electric shuttles are taking you there and you can still enjoy a nice restaurant with good seafood there so no need to come back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Travelbag, Agoda, Odigeo, Jovago.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa