Casa Baba is truly a special place. I was there with 3 friends for 5 nights and could not be happier.
The house itself is amazing, we spent our days at the pool and cooking bbqs. The staff are all amazing as well as Ricardo, who gave us plenty of tips and information about the local area. The house is idyllically situated for complete tranquillity and peace. The beach is a 2 min walk and is absolutely stunning. There are some great restaurants along the beach, and even though it may take a while to get your food, it's always delicious.
Paje is only a 10 min drive away if you need to get any essentials. However, we made sure to stop in Stone Town on the way from the port to get supplies for the week so that we did not have to leave the house at all.
Thanks a lot Ricardo, we will definitely be back and hopefully it will become a regular annual thing!
We rented Casa Baba for a week in November 2017. We have been seduced by the house description and the online photos which was align with the requested price for the area.
When we arrived there we faced the reality (see below). We were not able to find another location to stay. We then decided to spend our days outside the house and when we exposed the fact to the host, we had dishonest answers.
The host does not allowed us to attach photos here, it's a pity and clearly made on purpose because with the ones that we have you would never rent this house! Just check the ones we uploaded on the Coral Rock Hotel tripadvisor page.
So, see below my answers to the casa baba website:
- The terrace is not furnished and is dirty. Thus, we did not consider a cocktail party sitting on the floor next to the water tank. The terrace gives a privileged view of the rusty containers and piles of rubble piled on the side of the garden. The view of nearby waste is not pleasant. Access to the terrace is dangerous, the stairs are damaged and the access ramp is broken. The bare electrical wires do not give us confidence for the safety of our children. See pictures
-The proposed barbecue is an old rusty can cut in half, and extremely dirty.
- The furniture of varied style are mostly in bad condition or broken. Drawers and cupboards close badly. The door or closet handles tend to stay in your hand. The bathrooms are in poor condition and covered with tartar and limestone, which gives them a dirty look. Two of the three bathrooms smell very bad. The mirrors are scratched and rusty, the glass walls are cracked, and there are still security issues with electrical sources within a meter of the showers. In the kitchen, the ovens do not work (and this is not sine a weekly!), the furniture is broken. There is no other equipment than the gas plate. There are 2 frying pans only, one of which has no handle. No toaster, not even vegetable peelers ...
- The vintage hifi system does not work
- There are bare electrical wires in many places in the house, and we are happy that our children are old enough to not want to put their fingers in them.
- There is no “farm Baba”, except a sign.
- House description with all equipment listed: This description is also very far from reality.... not talking about the broken bed and the roof leak in the living room. I would add that the contours of the pool are in poor condition, and most importantly, it is a serious matter, that unprotected and live electrical wires are located within two meters of the edge of the pool
Pass your way, Zanzibar is too nice to risk this kind of experience.
This place is a revelation. Everything in Casa Baba, from location and interior through facilities up to service was just impeccable for us. With a cool drink, enjoying the sunset under the palm trees by the pool, one can easily forget everyday business. That was exactly what we were looking for and what we got… and even more. Self-catering great was easy. We used to make shopping lists and manager Riccardo took care of all the rest. All needed groceries were delivered directly to the house. Also, we spoiled ourselves with a private chef from time to time which was available on short notice and also organized by Riccardo. And the cooking was amazing!
All in all, perfect days in the sun! :) Thank you Casa Baba for a wonderful time.
Great experience for our whole family. Wonderful outdoors areas such as pool area, garden and roof top to meditate and/or practice yoga. Excellent setup, lots of space and privacy, We were very pleased with the house and it´s sourroundings. Friendly and professional management.
You feel like being in paradise and at home at the same time when you arrive at Casa Baba. The close-by beach is super stunning but relaxing at the Aqua Baba pool in the nice garden, surrounded by flowers, trees and homegrown veggies is just beautiful and so relaxing. The host Riccardo is making sure that you feel comfortable and gives good advice on what to do or where to go if you really want to leave this hidden gem. Casa Baba gives you a certain spark in your eye which is still visible when you're back in "real life". :)
Where do I even begin?
From the moment of arrival, I was warmly welcomed... almost like I reached my home away from home! The area is serene and unbelievably beautiful (thick "jungle" all around), the only sounds are the birds during the day and wind rustling through the palm trees at night. Often, when I was relaxing during the evening I could hear the sounds of waves greeting the shore, pure bliss.
The garden stretches far and wide, perfect for relaxing, and there is always ambient music in the background... nothing makes me happier than music... well almost.
The rooms are spacious, and beautifully decorated, and the bathrooms? Like a mosaic dream!
With large living areas - and a magnificent indoor zen garden - I was transported to another world.
The manager, Riccardo, is sensational with his guests. We went shopping for food, and boy oh boy the feasts he prepared were to die for... (I might be writing from heaven)
One of the most phenomenal things is the jungle sunset, especially from the grand upstairs terrace. We picked limes out of the garden and enjoyed mojitos on the terrace.
IF ONLY I COULD STAY LONGER!
A quick 2 minute walk through a lush forest environment, and woohoo you are on the beach!
Was really one of my best trips ever! Not one complaint... not a single one!
I will be back soon, no doubt about that!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|