“Heaven on earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bwejuu
Bwejuu Village Guest House
Ranked #8 of 14 Bwejuu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I had stayed at Bwejuu Village Guest House in December of 2005 and loved it so my cousins were visiting Rowanda and I invited them to visit with me in Zanzibar. We had a lovely time at Bwejuu and were welcomed by the manager Zakiya. We had great fruit, coffee and rolls for breakfast and travelled arround the village and the island.
I highyl rate this beach and bread and breakfast to all of my friends. Although I am in South America, I look forward to returning to this slice of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 October 2009

You can’t find a more authentic experience if you want to sample Zanzibar cultural then the Bwejuu Village Guest House. Located right on the beach on the quaint and tranquil east coast of Zanzibar, Bwejuu Village offers an up close and personal view of African island culture. Slightly isolated from the bustle of larger tourist facilities it affords the peacefulness to allow a true meditative environment while still being within walking distance of all the western type amenities you would ever need. The caretakers are great cooks, friendly and speak excellent English. Add this to one of the world’s most beautiful beaches with fresh fish and seafood literally right from the fisherman’s boat and you have a true heaven on earth.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Cedricsr
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I have visited this area three times over the past six years, and found that by far the most enjoyable, unincumbered, relaxed place to stay is this Indian Ocean guest house, which has a very diligent homekeeper who assures that the rooms, each with private baths, are well maintained on a daily basis for your optimum pleasureable comfort and stay, as you enjoy each sunset and sunrise on the Indian Ocean.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I am so sorry Salty is sooo Salty. I travel to Tanzania and Bwe Juu often and have not found a better place in the whole world to visit. The staff, especially the manager, Zakia are the most helpful, welcoming, friendly people I have ever met. The accomodations are such that I tend not to miss any of the 'extras' I am accustomed to in the US. The house is clean, it is beautiful, it is open, it is open, it is spacious and best of all the beach is right at the doorstep-LITERALLY! How anyone could have a bad experience in this place is beyond me....Well I take that back, if you are a grump and generally don't see or like to experience life's greatest treasures and blessings then you will not like this place. But, if you want to have the most enjoyable, relaxing (or exciting whichever you prefer) time ever then visit the Bwejuu Village Guest House.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 2 September 2009

To begin with, Zakia, the manager, is one of the most unprofessional managers I've ever encountered. She does not return emails, booked me into a guest house in Stonetown that was under renovations (a gutted hotel covered in dust with dirt floors, drywall busted and DO NOT ENTER signs to greet me). After hiring a taxi to take me to Bewjuu Guest House ($80USD) and passing by the place 3 times due to the huge padlocked gate that made it seem closed for renovations as well, i finally gave up and went to inquire about a room at Palm Island Inn (Madfugh is a charm). Unfortunately, Zakia somehow overheard our conversation from next door and came barreling through to where we were discussing rates. She then went on to scream at Madfugh that I COULD NOT stay with him and that I had to stay with her. Her yelling and finger in his face, along with screaming and finger pointing to my poor driver, went on for at least 10 minutes and only stopped when my driver explained to me in English that I had to stay with her because if I chose to stay with Madfugh it would cause bad blood between them. She insisted I come and see her place, which I did before politely declining the opportunity to stay there. With that, she became a raving maniac, now screaming at me and my driver. We were able to escape to the taxi and leave the property, all the while her screaming continued. It was horrible. Thank heavens for Mel and Dim (and for Madfugh for trying) at the Bellevue Guest House for graciously accepting me into their little slice of heaven in Bewjuu.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo