“A special and relaxing Christmas”

Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bwejuu
London, United Kingdom
“A special and relaxing Christmas”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were made to feel most welcome by management and staff. The gardens and beachside are very well kept. The rooms large well appointed, clean and very comfortable.

All of the staff are friendly and helpful. Overall the food was very good with a good choice.

Christmas eve was memorable. The management organised Christmas carols sung by a local choir and decorated the restaurant with palm branches cut to resemble christmas trees.

We had an amazing three weeks holiday.

2 Thank stephen h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I travelled with my five kids aged 23 to 9 and had the most wonderful New Year at the Breezes Club. The hotel suits us down to the ground. It is reasonably small and feels pretty exclusive but is large enough to have lots of facilities. Many touches go together to make the Club into a very special place from the friendliness when you arrive, the quality of the rooms, enough sun loungers sensibly spread out so you do not feel on top of others, the food was cracking and a good mix between buffet and being served, to the quality of the party of NYE, and to the helpfulness of the staff. Also, my kids are sporty and we all enjoyed the tennis court and gym and my wife loved the spa. It is the second time we have been- the first was ten years ago. I am pleased to report that what seemed like Paradise then had not been spoiled in the intervening decade. Only suggestions for improvements were that the activities for our 9 year old were sparse and the absolutely beautiful Moorish styled tea room had gone to be replaced by a rather functional café. If it were my hotel I would bring back the team room.

Room Tip: Very few rooms look out to sea. If you can bag them go for it. Otherwise I would be relaxed. apart f...
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 29 December 2013

As soon as we arrived we were greeted with amazing service. Some one at the car to help with luggage, then the operations manager, who was just lovely with a genuine and fun personality, made us feel special straight away as he took us through our stay and what we could do.
The entrance is beautiful and attention to detail is throughout the hotel and grounds. Rooms just perfect, amazing bed and understated decor.
Food was great everyday, the restaurant service and experience was spot on everyday and the luxury and ease of beach and poolside dining was fantastic and meant we could relax all day.
Food highlights were the cocktails and deserts.
All staff were friendly and helpful and very genuine, especially with our 5 month old baby. Overall very hard to fault, we loved our stay and experience and would definitely stay there again.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I arrived November 3rd after a full 24 hours of travel from Canada and spent 5 days on the resort. On arrival, you are greeted as soon as you step out of the car and check in is personal while you sit in a comfy chair in the main lobby. The manager did stop by to introduce himself and there is a welcome cocktail held in the evening prior to dinner time. All the staff were friendly, greeting you with a smile and "jambo". Often during the day and evening you will see other managers walking around the grounds and buildings stopping to speak with the resort guests. I had a standard room which is ground level. It was the farthest from the beach, but the resort is small so that really didn't matter. My only complaint was the lighting along the walk ways was not that bright and due to my poor vision in the dark, had to walk very cautiously too and from my room. The king sized bed was very comfortable for sleep. Every night, a staff member would enter and drop the mosquito netting around the bed and spray the room. Very much appreciated and added to the exotic feel of the resort. The airconditioning worked very well and was needed with the heat and humidity. The large bathroom was always clean and shiny. French doors open onto the terrace which has dividers to provide some privacy from your neighbours. Each terrace has two comfortable chairs and a table and a drying rack for wet towels and clothes. Each room has a large umbrella which was very much appreciated when it rained. I was there during the beginning of the short rains and it did rain every day at least twice. Always though, the sun would make an appearance afterwards. The main dining area serves a delicious breakfast buffet starting at 7:30 a.m. and three table service dinners alternating with themed buffets. I did not eat lunch at the Breakers Grill but ordered from the beach bar where I could sit on a comfortable couch and enjoy the view of the ocean. The food was amazing for all meals. There was a catch of the day featured on the menu and a drink of the day. There are three bars and a tea bar. The Safari Bar has a very relaxing ambiance. The Dhow Bar is beach side by the pool. Being a solo traveller, this is where I preferred to be in the evening. I did not go to the Baraza Bar nor the Chai room. On site, is the Frangipani Spa. I had full intentions to treat myself to one of their many massages that were available, but after doing two full days of tours I decided that beach time was just as relaxing for me prior to heading to the mainland for my Safari. And, returning to Canada in November, the beach definitely won. Other people on the resort did have only good things to say about the spa. The resort also has a Beach Club Beach. Volleyball,snorkelling, windsurfing and sailing are offered. You can also pick up a pair of water shoes for walking the reef. There is a dive centre on site. The on site store has an excellent selection of souvenirs, African arts & crafts and clothing. Prices range so there is something for everyone. Tours and excursions can be booked at the desk if you are not there and affiliated with a tour company. Breezes is very involved with the community of Bwejuu. Check out their website. I had a very peaceful and relaxing time at Breezes. I do feel that the resort is geared towards couples but as a solo traveller, this is nothing new to me. Your trip is what you make it. This resort is beautiful. It was everything I hoped it would be. Anyone visiting here either before or after a safari will thoroughly enjoy it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Storkbyte
lancashire
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here after a safari as most people apparantly do.From the moment we walked in with personal check in coming to you in the lounge we were impressed. The colonial decor is fantastic. The manager dropped by and introduced himself during check in, a nice and unusual touch.This set the feel for the whole of our stay.
The staff were consistently friendly and efficient . I am sure this is influenced by the 'walk the floor' attitude of the senior managers ( one of whom has a Prague connection!) who always seemed visible and available.
I stay in hotels very regularly and my opinion is that this one of the very best run with a top ambience and location.
The food is high quality and varied. They alternate between buffet (not my favourite way of eating) and table service each night which makes it varied and pleasurable.There was also a gala dinner whilst there.
The rooms and gardens were also of a high quality,located in a quiet, private beach side location of the island.
Well done to all the staff, a very impressive stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LancashireIan
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time. The warm welcome we received on our arrival and the friendly staff made our stay just perfect, not to mention the fantastic food. The beach was lovely and the water sports were always available. We didn't want for anything all week
Thank you.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harryg1972
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having had a really busy work year - this holiday was my reward - and oh boy, I really lucked out:). Yes, it is really as beautiful as the pictures! We stayed for 10 days in November - the weather was absolutely fantastic - so hot that without the sea breeze, it would have been unbearable to sit in the sun.

The resort is built to ensure that you come back really relaxed. The staff are pretty amazing, they get to know your likes (caipirihas and Kili's for me!), generally on the beach or delivered right at the edge of the pool (thanks Kassim, Celestina, Sharida, Beatrice and Hussein). We were even provided with an icebucket for our Kili's to take onto the beach for a spot of stargazing and crab chasing! A really special call out to Dorah, was always ensured that we were looked after, had some great stories and a wonderful smile always! Asante Sana Dorah - I miss you already! The staff also taught us some Swahili - so we used to have some fun and it also came in handy the day we went to Stone Town!

We generally did lunch at the pool bar, mainly as they have amazing sofa's, a great choice of food - especially the daily specials - which over 10 days never had the same thing on the menu. For dinner I was always amazed at the choice of food; and each evening the theme of the restaurant changed, so it never got boring. Dorah and Suileman normally looked after us in the restaurant, service was great, never ever feeling rushed and the food was abundant, of a high standard, we especially looked forward to the Arabian night and acrobats! Ayman, thanks for all the fun you gave us - and for ensuring we were looked - especially appreciated the cold towel while waiting for the transfer out:-)

Our days were mainly spent sailing, reef walking and diving (which was amazing - great dive team with a load of craic on the diving days!)- there is an amazing beach walk that you can do - a real feeling that your on the set of Paradise, the movie. I see that some reviews talked about the tide - yes it's tidal - but we managed to do water-sports so don't let that put you off. We also did some massages at the spa - the spa to amazing - got a frangipani special for 75 mins and felt like a new woman at the end of it!

The grounds, all public areas and rooms were amazing - a total feeling of being in Africa - loved the local carved wooden touches - could easily have stayed for another 2 weeks.

We were lucky enough to be there for the moon rise - first time I have ever seen one - the team did a great moonrise party on the beach - feel very privileged to have seen it. I could write a book on this place - but don't want to spoil your experience & surprises that the team have ready for you!

Room Tip: Take a standard room if you want total peace and quiet - there are a few of them at the back of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lorrainemmartyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bwejuu
Melia Zanzibar
Essque Zalu Zanzibar
Essque Zalu Zanzibar
#2 of 17 in Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa (Relais & Chateaux)

Been to Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar? Share your experiences!