The Breezes Beach Club is not really our sort of place - very "resorty" and positively discourages going beyond its boundaries. Having spent a week on safari and then a couple of nights in Stone Town it felt a little too "protected" for our liking. Having said that, if you enjoy the "resort" type hotel I would recommend it. The staff were lovely and friendly, the pool was great and the food was varied and delicious. The accommodation was clean, big rooms that were decorated / furnished well. The thing that we found strange was being discouraged to walk along the beach - we did walk up and down the beach and Breezes is actually the most relaxed of the three hotels on that stretch - we were actually chased around the garden by the security guard at its sister hotel (Alcazabar?) just down the beach! And the staff there were positively rude to us - we may have considered staying there in future but we won't now!
The bit we liked best was visiting Azizi at his shop (down onto the beach, turn left and walk 2 minutes and you'll come across it) - really nice man, no hard sell and just great to spend time with chatting about "real life" on Zanzibar. He also has a lady from the village come and do massages at a fraction of the cost that the hotel will charge and you'll experience the India Ocean breeze as well as the massage. Walking along the beach talking to the local people was definitely our favourite part of staying at Breezes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Zanzibar Island, Tanzania