“Awesome place, real kiting and wicked staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kite Centre Zanzibar

Kite Centre Zanzibar
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Paje
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Kite centre on Zanzibar, North and Brunotti kite material. For the best courses, rentals and kite trips.
Hamburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place, real kiting and wicked staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

With a little kite experience they advise me to take a 'refresh' lesson. Best choice because the instructor I had was very experienced and knows what he was doing. They tell you everything about the spot and give you all advices you need to go by yourself. Even the time I went by myself the instructor kept an eye on me. Arno, your the best!
The service from the beachboys is so good, thanks again!

It was a perfect holiday!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Judith S

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Superb service, great atmosphere & amazing spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you plan on kiting in Zanzibar this is the place to be! Super friendly people who are always willing to help you out, give you tips and tricks and organize e.g. downwinder trips. The facilities are also good: lockers, showers, changing rooms, 'washing' lines and relaxing area's. They also have a small shop with bikini's, board shorts, lycra's, great sun screen etc.

The spot is ideal for beginners as it has two lagoons where you can surf in. If it's low tide you can walk to the second lagoon. A bit of a walk, but well worth it if you can go for a surf. Also the more expert kiters can eat their hearts out, the waves are good fun to surf in and there is plenty of space to practice new tricks.

I was also happy to see/ hear that not everybody that rocks up can rent gear, but that they act sensible by asking questions about people's level. Nothing scares me more than people who want to e.g. launch their kite in the middle of the power zone…

All-in-all I would definitely recommend kite centre Zanzibar for you kite surf experience in Zanzibar! Have fun & happy kiting! :)

Visited January 2014
Salzburg, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cash first, no service after!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

A friend of mine and I were in Paje for one week. I rented equipment at the Kite Centre Zanzibar for one week and had to pay upfront. My friend had to take lessons first. After the cash was settled the service at this station was very disappointing. Very poor instruction about the kite zone and jeopardies. As I asked Michelle (one of the employees there) if I need shoes due to the sea urchins at the reef, she told me I didn´t and the result was that I had many spikes stuck in my feet after the first session. On the next day I got in touch with a blue bottle after five minutes of kiting. Of course nobody lost a word about blue bottes there before. Not to mention that I had to pay the whole three hours on that day, although I could kite only for five minutes as nobody at the station instructed us about the blue bottles. When I returned to the station I had to wait at least five minutes until one the employees stopped chatting to land my kite. Furthermore they treated the injury totally wrong which I unfortunately found out only afterwards. The rest of the week we had no wind which is of course a risk you have to face, but the renegotiations about cash back for the days I couldn´t go kiting were tough. At least I got a part of my money back, but paid in total way too much for that miserable service. Apparently they adopted the Zanzibar mentality of just cashing up without delivering service in return.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ingo M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great centre on a great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I spent several months on Zanzibar, working in a guesthouse. I looked for a good place to store my kiteboarding gear so it was easy to go out for short periods inbetween my work. I chose Kitecentre Zanzibar because it is right at the beach on the best spot for kiteboarding. No urchins or weed and 2 lagoons that make kiting possible even at really low tide.
Service was really good. While I was preparing to go out, the kite-assistents rigged my gear. By the time I was ready to go, so was my kite! Having the assistants on the beach really makes a difference. There's always someone around to help you launch/ land, repair stuff, untight the spaghetti, clean your gear, etc.
The lessons seemed to be very professional and I've only seen happy students and happy teachers (Dutch, French, German and English). Their gear was brand new when I arrived.
Being alone wasn't a problem at all. Staff is easy going and very friendly and helpfull. From the moment I arrived, I felt like being part of the family.

Kiteboarding is a lifestyle, so if you're looking for that athmosphere somewhere in paradise, I'd sure recommend this centre on Zanzibar!

I'll be back for sure.

Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“beautifull spot, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

As an experienced kite surfer I am looking for a kite center for storage, activities and meeting other people.
I've visited different centers on Zanzibar, but Kite Centre Zanzibar was the best for me.
Beautiful local style beachhouse as kite center, with excellent storage, showers and friendly staff.
Big plus are the place to relax between the palm trees, relaxing before or after another great kite session. The atmosphere was very nice, lade back, nice music playing and everybody open to share experiences and tries :-)
If you are into strapless wave kiting, the guys take you out for briljant downwinders!

Beach boys, eddy and Josef, thanks for the launch and pump service and your enthousiasm and jokes!

Visited February 2013