All reviews hotel lobby is stayed for nights star hotel top floor taxi driver western food gym amenities business foreigners airport
Reviewed 18 November 2014

This is claimed to be a 4 star hotel, meets your expectation mostly. Was there in November first week. I would recommend this to any traveller business or personal. Clean, convenient and satisfactory.it would be anybody first choice compared to other business hotels in ruian. having been a frequent business traveller it is the best in Ruian. The staff are friendly and good customer service. They check in and check out is quick. It is in the city center area. They speak english. Even if you meet somebody who do not speak english they are attentive to help you and send somebody who speaks in english and try their best to help you. The morning breakfast is served in the rotating restaurant on the 23rd floor. in fact the previous night had mexican style buffet. The breakfast has many choices chinese and western as well. Food is fresh. you will be surprsed to find quite a choice. You can find a Pizza hut nearby the hotel. Drinking water is free. You have free wifi. You are offered fruits everyday.

Date of stay: November 2014
3  Thank christopher s
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Most of the reviews for this hotel have been by Chinese travelers. Hopefully this review will be helpful to all who stay in the Rui'an area, but especially for the Western travelers.

This is a very nice Chinese hotel for business travelers - both Asian and Western. It is classified as an "official" 4 star hotel by the Chinese travel bureau.

Rooms are clean and well kept. If you look closely, you'll see some minor cosmetic issues, but overall, not bad. Good variety of TV channels - but very limited choices in English.

The bed is VERY firm. I was worried when I first sat down on it, but it turned out to be very comfortable to sleep in.

The bathroom was small, similar to what you would find in a typical Japanese hotel. Shower wasn't bad. A bit dated in terms of layout and fixtures, but everything worked fine.

Internet was slow - not surprising. Welcome to China - especially the smaller cities/regions.

Overall, the staff was attentive, helpful, and friendly. Many could speak English and a few were quite fluent. The front desk check in was quick and efficient. As always (for non-Chinese residents), you have to wait while they transmit your passport info to the Chinese authorities.

Late in the evening, I tried to order room service via phone and was told to wait for someone to come to my room. Within 5 minutes, a waiter showed up to take my order. The menu has numbers on it, so it was easy to order what I wanted. After the waiter left, I realized this was a pretty smart way to do it - the waiter had me point to the items I wanted from the room service menu, so there was no chance for "lost in translation". End result - I got exactly what I ordered. Bonus points for that!!

The buffet breakfast the next morning was the biggest surprise. I figured in a small town like Rui'an, I would find a disappointing selection of "western" dishes that were incorrectly prepared. Those of you who have experienced Chinese 3 and 4 star hotels know what I mean. Much to my surprise (and enjoyment), the buffet was really good with many well executed western offerings, including French Toast, eggs made to order, juices, fruits, bacon (cooked - not half raw), breads, pastries, and more. The coffee was good and the staff checked with me often to see if I needed anything else. The view of nearby mountains from the restaurant was great too!

They were having a "Mexican Festival" themed dinner buffet, but we did not have a chance to try it, as we arrived late and checked out right after breakfast. Based on the great breakfast, I think it would have been a great dinner buffet too.

If you visit the Wenzhou area and need to stay in nearby Rui'an because of where your meetings will be, I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are a westerner.

Will definitely stay again if my travels take me to Rui'an.

Room tip: Choose a room on a high floor for a nice view of Rui'an city.
Date of stay: November 2014
4  Thank John W
Reviewed 11 September 2014

They're seeking 5-star status so the service is excellent and rooms very clean and comfortable. Bottled water and fresh fruit are provided daily, and a packaged dinner roll is left at turn-down (silly at first impression but sensible if you're about to go to bed hungry). Centrally located w/ nice views

Room tip: The AC has trouble cooling the larger rooms
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank kmmoore318
Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you are visiting RUIAN CITY for business, it will not be a problem for you to find hotels in this business city. But the point is that, most of the hotels are out of INTERNATIONAL concept except RUIAN INTERNATIONAL HOTEL.
Clean, good, comfortable and perfect service. I visit this city 1-2 times every month and I choose to stay here. And I never regret that.
PS: This hotel has a big, expensive and interesting KTV BAR, which is located inside the hotel. Recommended.

Date of stay: October 2013
3  Thank HangzhouJack
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Was just at this hotel for 2 nights. My hosts selected this hotel which was fine for the area. The waitresses at breakfast were very helpful, and they have an ok/limited selection of Western food. I found the Wifi at the neighboring hotel (RAI?) was unlocked and workable. People at reception were friendly. If you have to be in Rui'an, this hotel is ok.

Date of stay: September 2012