“low level of service provided”

Godwin Hotel Haridwar
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Haridwar
Dehradun, India
“low level of service provided”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

i attended one of my friends marriage at godwin hotel haridwar on 20th and 21st april2014.but i was disappointed by the service we faced.room service was not up to the mark.the quality of food was not of high standards.no doubt the rooms were well furnished and of high standards,location of hotel is good but the service faced was average and not up to the standards.i think that the management should work on this part so that the hotel do not loose its customers.i hope this was the failure of a single day and the hotel overcomes this linency.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank anurag1999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mauritius
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went India to attend my friend marriage (20 and 21 April 2014), he have booked so called 5 star property Godwin in Haridwar, believe me I can't see even a single point which can justify hotel 5 star rating. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels and know what to expect from 5 star hotel. Godwin no where stand to that standard, room service and house keeping is worst than even 3 star hotel, staff is no better than road side hotels as they have no etiquette to talk to customers. It was really worse experience I ever I had, I had a bad headache so asked for a cup of strong tea, which took 2 hours to arrive and when I asked service boy for reason of late service he rudely replied we are staff of 10-15 people, so you can expect us to do a better service, it was so rude I called up management for complaint but management was no better and they didn't even apologize for what happened. This thing happened not only with me but I heard similar complaints from other guests too.

So I will not suggest this hotel to anyone planning to stay in haridwar, there are quite few good hotels near by like country inn which is a 4 star property but I heard much better customer service.

10 Thank Rahul J

Travellers are raving about these Haridwar hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 May 2014

we checked in in the hotel on 20th of apr we have booked two rooms as it seems that there was a marriage ceremony going on on 21 st and it was bit noisy coz the music was on till 1am in the morning very good food and service if u wanna have veg food i have traveled in so many countries but the quality of food and the service i m mentioning it twice the the way the managers are handling the property it is unbeliveble the way a hotel treats its customer it is truly amazing experiance for me that they go beyond the limit to please the customer.

2 Thank nitin558
Rishikesh, India
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have booked Godwin Haridwar for 2 days that is from 20 to 21 April 2014 for a marriage. We had occupied 100 rooms in total. It was a destination wedding, though it was bit out of our budget but we compromised on that considering it’s a five star property and our guests will appreciate our hospitality. But nothing like happened, hotel management let us down; none of our guests liked the arrangement and hospitality. Actually service offered was full of disappointment. It was a big day for us but hotel management let us down by services offered. I am listing all the points which were agreed but not delivered.

- Room Service was pathetic, a bottle of water required at least 5 call and minimum 3 hour wait.

- In our package we have included 1 or 2 tea per room if asked by guests but every time our guests called reception they denied for tea.

- I needed 6 cups of tea for a Very special guest of mine but receptionist refuse to deliver it, I told them to charge me extra for this but then also tea took 2 hours to arrive. It was very humiliating situation for me.

- Quality of food was much below than five star standard.

- food service in dining hall was not a exception, to serve food for about 150 people there was only 1 person who was looking after full buffet, there was no one to serve food, there was a long queue because there was a shortage of bread and vegetables.

- House keeping was the same no one dare to clean the rooms even after 2- 3 calls.

- Management was very rude to the guests, many of my guest’s complaint regarding this. One of my family member asked to cover swimming pool during party hours to avoid any accident as there was many kids but someone from your staff very rudely replied that “you have not booked the swimming pool other guests might have to use it.”

- In our booking we have specially asked for tea to be served for all the guests attending phera ceremony (on 22 april early morning), but nothing was served even after 2-3 reminder to the management which was again a very humiliating situation for my family.

- And thing which I can’t forget in my life is the behavior of hotel florist, I don’t think he have any humanity. First of all he didn’t provided what was agreed, stage was almost broken, but he passed all his limits when he refuses to give war mala before settling down the balance i.e. remaining 20 percent of the money, and language and wordings he have used was really very very shameful, if it would not been my family function I would have taken him to police station.

Overall it was really a very bad experience and i wont recommend this to anyone. there are many other good options available near by.

They have just spoiled my big day.

4 Thank Manmohan1987
Rustington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Thankfully only a one night stay at this hotel which is billed as 5 star. Unhelpful, inattentive and surly staff. Basic rooms which are in need of some care and attention No room service. No safe. The 24 hour café was not open at all during our stay (perhaps they mean 24 hours per week). Breakfast buffet limited but edible. This is a three star hotel masquerading as a 5 star. If you view it as a 3 star you won't be completely disappointed. If you come thinking it will be 5 star you will be.

1 Thank Mark R
Warwickshire
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived after a very long tiring drive from Shimla, and admittedly my expectations were low but I was wrong. The reception area was modern, very clean and we were received efficiently. My advice to them would be to put some more lighting in reception, one of our group sustained a nasty injury because of poor lighting. The bedrooms were large, clean and well furnished, the shower water was hot and the the hotel quiet. Dinner was tasteless although breakfast was good. One problem was that it was a Vegan hotel - so no omelettes despite the fact that my order for one when i checked in was accepted. So English lesson coming up you advertise as a Vegetarian Hotel but you are actually Vegan, and as for our complimentary packed lunch the following day. It is not complimentary when you ask for payment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geebee9999
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Godwin hotel in January 2014.Rooms where very spacious and neat. Food was excellent- hotel only serves vegetarian food.Staff was very friendly and willing to help. Very close to the Ganges- only one negative point was the railway is very close to the hotel, so you can hear the horn go off during the night. Overall a very good stay for my 2 nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple