“Annual visit to shanti kunj”

Shanti Kunj Gayatri Parivar Haridwar
Ranked #3 of 54 things to do in Haridwar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

With utter exuberance & blessing of Maa Gayatri, from very childhood, I was trained for doing this Gayatri Sadhna since my Parent were Deekshit of Parampujya Gurudev and a whole time devotee. When we shifted to Delhi NCR,we made a habit to visit annually with my father & after his demise, with my wife & kids. This place gives me immense pleasure. The serene & mind jolting Nadh sends me in heaven. Really, we feel the suktam of Vedas with all ancient gyan & power enlighten the whole area and keeps every body very recharged with enthusiasm. I normally visit in Second paksha of Shravan and staying & doing rituals at this place gives me inner peace & strength to work hard. I like this place the most.

All reviews
"spiritual journey"
"walks of life"
"religious activities"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Shantkunj is a ghead quarter place of religious discipline and spiritual peace movement called Gayatri parivar,. The institute teaches and trains ordinary people on how to live a joyous life and contribute towards social reconstruction. The branches and sub-centres of the institution are not only spread across India but throughout world. It is also running free schools and degree colleges in rural areas. The institution has been a regular participant in a variety of relief works around the country. It stands on the Rishikesh Road, at a distance of 6 km from Haridwar Railway Station. Pilgrims come to Shantikunj to learn and practice 'Sanjeevani Vidya', the art of living.

2  Thank prakashsheth
Reviewed 31 May 2018

spread over a large area, there is a temple, a store selling religious literature and herbal ayurvedic medicines, a canteen where you can buy breakfast, a dining area where you can have free lunch that is a wholesome meal - you have to sit on the floor and wash your own plates and glasses after eating. remember to take only as much as you can eat and not to waste food.

1  Thank pnssnp
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We planned to spend less than an hour here, but by the time we came back from here, it was half a day. We were helped by a devotee there named Sri Sheshadri Aravind. He took us to all the places there, and even got us subscribed to a magazine published from there.
Great thing I learned about this place is that education is given to everyone, religion no bar, caste no bar, sex no bar. A lot of education courses are conducted here, most of them revolving around the gayathri mantra.

Free food is served to whoever comes here.