“Surprised to see so much horse meat on the menu”
Review of Samruk Restaurant

Samruk Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Atyrau
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,171 helpful votes
“Surprised to see so much horse meat on the menu”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

On the return leg of a business trip, my colleagues and I had to stay one night in Atyrau prior to departing the following morning.

We had asked others on our flight where we should eat, and this place was recommended.

We found it quite easily (inside a shopping mall near the Renaissance Hotel). There were just 3 or 4 other diners in (always a bad sign) and we almost left. But we didn't know where else to go to eat, so we stayed and were invited to choose a table.

We asked the waitress if they accepted credit cards, and she said she would check (!). She never came back to us. Another waiter brought us two menus for three guests. Nothing really took my fancy, and I was surprised how many of the dishes were based on 'horse meat'.

I chose a lamb and pasta thing, and when it came, the pasta was pretty stodgy. Overall OK, but nothing more. I suggest you look for somewhere else on your trip.

If I have helped, please give me a Helpful vote.

Visited October 2013