“luv this hotel <3”
Review of South Sea Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
South Sea Resort
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Reviewed 1 October 2012

we visited for study at siliman university...
we met very friendly, cute n kind staff !!! I'd like to go here soon :)
this hotel face to the sea...n near Siliman beach ! we enjoyed swimming...
they have a nice pool :) i also like it.
at room n street, u'll feel philippines :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We had several seminars in Dumaguete in Southsea and the rooms are clean, food is delicious especially the seafoods. This place is memorable for me because I had an accident at their beach. I slipped and fell amd hit my head at the stairs leading to the beach. Good thing the hotel staff brought me to the hospital

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Nairavi
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This place must have been quite nice in its former glory but that is no longer the case. Me and my husband checked the place out thinking that we could stay here for two nights. But upon looking closer, it was dirty. The room was dusty and had a worn feeling to it. There were holes in the screen too. When we got into the room there was a cockroach scurrying in the room. This wasn't a good sign so we left.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katmachine
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you need to think and relax, this is the place to go. It's remote so naturally it's quiet, away from all pollution. You can stay there just for that. Pool is nice, too. It's an old resort so don't expect much. I've been going there since I was a kid. In the past year, the food is still good but the service is really, and I mean, really poor especially if you're not checked in to the resort. It would probably take 30-45 minutes for them to get your order. I am not kidding! If you want faster service, great but more expensive food, then go to Likha. It's within the resort but has a more modern and sophisticated feel to it. Their menu is amazing and quite close to excellent. You'll find International cuisine there. I even celebrated my birthday dinner there! Sad thing is, they only open from 5PM up. So, during daytime, you don't have much choice. Might as well get a cab or trike and head downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daphnie-D
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. The location is a bit remote and I can see why some found it difficult to find. All the taxi and tricycle drivers seemed to know how to get there, though. The location itself is quite beautiful with nice views of the water, Cebu Island and Siquidor Island. The rooms are very large, with somewhat stark furnishings. Bed was fairly comfortable, but I can sleep on almost any bed as long as it's horizontal. The room was fairly clean which is why I gave it at least a 2. My TV never worked, but I didn't miss it as I was fairly busy. I never complained about it, so I can't really hold that against the hotel. The shower head was broken and literally would not stay on the pipe. I showered all week with just the stream of water, and made do. The shower drain was very slow, and I was in about 3 inches of water by the time my shower was finished. I did ask to have these things fixed, and the front desk said they would see to it. They never did fix the two shower problems. WiFi was available in the lobby only. All the rooms are in out buildings, and the WiFi signal doesn't reach the rooms. This would be barely acceptable but for the fact that I needed to use the WiFi to make calls back to the USA, and with the time difference and a locked lobby at night, I ended up sitting on the curb in a dark parking lot with my laptop and Skype making my calls. The staff was friendly (as a Filipinos in general.) The food provided as a buffet for the conference was outstanding, but I don't know is individuals staying at the hotel would have access to the same buffet food.
Bottom LIne: This hotel was probably a premiere facility at one time. It appears that they have not done maintenance on the infrastructure, and it has deteriorated over the years. Sad. Would have given this place a 4 or 5 if they had only maintained it properly.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms mean navigating a tight circular staircase with your luggage, but they are probab...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CaptGTK
Reviewed 8 January 2012

If you're looking for a place where you can just relax and enjoy the view of the ocean, this is a good place to stay in in Dumaguete. It's a simple resort, nothing fancy. The place is secluded so definitely no air and noise pollution. The resort has service transportation (I think) if you want to go to the down town area. Or they can get tricycle service for you. You just need to pay a small fee. Food of the resort is ok, nothing special but there's another restaurant located inside the resort that offers gourmet food and drinks. It's worth trying.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed 3 nights in South Sea Resort in Dumaguete.
The location is a bit outside from downtown but it is just a short ride by tricycle. But you have a real quite place and the only hotel with a gorgeous pool near in the city. This hotel is not a Hilton or anything luxurious, and you also get no beach in front, because the beaches are a bit outside from the city. But it is functional and the rates are reasonable. Especially the linked restaurant LIKHA offers good quality food and refined tapas and not the usually Filipino standard food (if you know what I mean ;-)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business