“nice but need safety improvement”
Review of Casaroro Falls

Casaroro Falls
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Nice hike but need safety improvement. They neeed to plant trees before the fall to stoo erosion. I liked it

1  Thank Gia M
"every step"
"takes minutes"
"getting wet"

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hike to the waterfall, return, takes about 1h30, if you really take your time. The nature around is beautiful, and the waterfall itself is impressive. There are few people visiting so it is very quiet and enjoyable. You need a minimum of physical condition to get there, especially to climb up the 300 something stairs on the way back up. On the way to the waterfall there is some little rock climbing to do, so make sure you have the appropriate shoes.

1  Thank Miss K
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A tiring hike through hundreds of steps and lush forests, but you'll be greeted by a beautiful sight! A quick dip in the cold waters will surely refresh you.

1  Thank Isabel C
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My friends and I were on a trip to Dumaguete City. On the way back to Cebu, we spotted the Casaroro falls on Google Maps and decided to check it out. Getting to the falls is both easy and hard: the drive from the city ends in a dirt road which we had to walk to get to the entrance to the falls. We were accompanied by a kind lady who sells plants by the falls. Then there were the 335 steps down to the river, which was very exhausting especially for us who aren't frequent travelers. There was an entrance fee of P10 to the falls,which was cheap. Then we had to ford the river several times, slipping and sliding every now and then on slippery rocks. Because we did not have proper gear, it was especially dangerous. There was a bridge and trail that was destroyed by a storm 2 years ago, so we had to literally walk to the falls. After about a half hour of walking, we reached a safe spot to view the falls, and it was very beautiful. I had never seen anything as grand and magnificent in my life. The water cascaded down 100 feet, its surrounding cliffs and forest unspoiled and lush green. Still, we decided to proceed further closer to the falls, which was more dangerous because the water current was stronger. There were a few older European tourists who chose to stay behind at the safer spot, but my friends and I went on to the base of the falls to marvel at the falls and take pictures. A light rain started to fall, and our guide signaled us to go back, since rain could bring more volumes of water and create a flash flood. The trip back was even more exhausting and dangerous, and I was very careful not to slip, lest I douse my camera and phone in the water. We had to stop several times because we were tired. Up the treacherous 335 steps we went, and then we reached our car after that long walk. We gave the lady an amount for her troubles, and went back into town tired but exhilarated. It was a great experience, I would definitely come back if the bridge and trail are fixed!

5  Thank Ronan_Palmones