“Dumaguete Studio Apartments”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
Dumaguete Studio Apartments
Cebu City, Philippines
“Dumaguete Studio Apartments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Quiet Place, New motor bike rentals cheap!, Gated, New, Plenty of cabinets, Fast internet by Ethernet, Full size fridge, 37 inch flat screen, plenty of utensils, extra pillows, Good Honest People. stayed there 1 month before going back to America and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are equal
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have used DSA 3 times.1st as a base camp to see if Dumaguete was the place to settle in,then as intermediate/between relocations/moving.Each and everytime Dave & Marisa have made me feel welcomed.Not only do they have local,living experience,but they will share the little "secrets" of living near and around Dumaguete.For those worried about security= RELAX.This place is well lighted & very secure.Laundry if needed handled on premise.ALSO- THEY STANDBY THIER WORDS !! THOMAS BOUTIN

Room Tip: 2nd floor gets better breezes and views
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thms_boutin
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We spent 10 wonderful days here this month. We knew no one in Dumaguete when we came here, but by the time we left, we felt as if we were leaving our new family. Really, I can’t say enough good things about this place. The apartments are quite nice, with everything you need to stay for the short or mid-term. Comfy bed, air-con, fully equipped kitchen, sheets and towels, TV, fan, etc. Nice sitting area outside, too. We rented a motorbike which was very reasonably priced and mechanically perfect. Dave and Marissa really went “above and beyond” to be helpful and welcoming. I’ll even miss their dog…

This must be the best value in Dumaguete and I heartily recommend it. Why get an impersonal, drab hotel room when you can have your own apartment for the same or even less money? It’s located a few kilometers outside of town, but you can get around easily either by renting a motorbike or taking a trike into town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

When i first came to Dumaguete Studio Apartments, i was really only looking for a place to stay for a week or two, until i knew where to go next on my journey in the philippines. But i ended up staying there for almost 3 months! Throughout my life i have been staying in all sorts of high level resorts and hotels, but i have never encountered an experience of customer service as I did in Studio Apartments. Basically i was treated like family, and whenever a had question or needed a favor, David and has wife Marisa, always tried to help me to the best of their abilities. And in the end, it ended up being quite a number of questions and favors, since it was my first time in the Philippines. But i was always met with a smile and a helping hand. If i were to point out 3 things, that makes this place stand out between all the others, it has to be the level of effort, that the owners, and their staff, put in to make and keep their tenants happy and satisfied. No matter of the tenants period of stay. It could be for one week or one year, the service would be the same. Number two thing, has to be the feeling of the place. Right from the beginning i felt safe, and more than welcome in this place, and as time went by, that feeling grew stronger. Third thing has to be the cleanliness of Studio Apartments. I mean, if you have spent time in the Philippines you know that it is indeed a very very dirty country. By all means. But when you step into Studio Apartments, that image changes. The staff does a wonderful job of keeping this place clean and good looking. I can only hope that my review will make somebody try this place out. I can honestly from my experience, it will be worth the wile.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ChristianTambo
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I've travelled extensively throughout the Philippines, and was lucky to come across the
Dumaguete Studio Apartments.Our hosts, David and Marisa, were most gracious and kind, the staff very professional and friendly, the grounds very well maintained and organized.In short, it was an oasis in the middle of a bustling city that provides a wonderful respite to all who enter.We enjoyed greatly the month we spent here, and would recommend DSA to anyone.Also, David has strong knowledge of local customs and laws, so if you've got guestions, he's got answers!!

Room Tip: When we we're there, they provided a free motorbike, if you stayed upstairs, it was invaluable!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed at the Studio Apartments for more than 4 weeks while diving at Oslob, Apo and Similan Islands in Dumaguete. I was fortunate to stay here after it was highly recommended by a friend of mine who had stayed here and it far exceed my expectations for what I paid. This is the place I will be staying when returning for my next diving adventure.

Very relaxing atmosphere and the location is nicely tucked away and gives solitude when you need it. The rooms were clean and tidy, air-conditioning icy cold, internet connection first class and cable tv. Bikes were available to rent or a driver if required.
Dave he is a gentlemen and a wealth of information not only on diving spots throughout the Philippines but on life in general. He and his family made me feel welcome and I hope you enjoy it too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kal M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

All thumbs up!

My wife and I lived at Studio Apartments for 6 months while we were waiting to get my wife's travel documents. The experienced was fantastic. David and Marisa did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. They were honest and treated us fairly. They also keep the apartments and grounds spotless. We felt "at home" during the entire 6 months and plan to return many more times. The Internet is super fast, and free. The only extras were our electric and cooking gas. For the money, Dumaguete Studio Apartments is the best place to stay in the Philippines.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple