“Good healthy and interesting food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kalikaf
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Manila, Philippines
“Good healthy and interesting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I like this restaurant and I would have given it a 5 if they had credit card service. Maybe in the future, they'll have it. They offer healthy food with a twist like Strawberry gelato with basil. Interesting, isn't it?

Visited March 2013

Cavite
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had our dinner here and I have to say, the food and the place was excellent.

1. Crew - they were very friendly and accommodating. They welcomed us with a smile and a greeting when we entered and happily took our pictures when we requested.

2. Place - the place was clean and tasteful. Not too dark or too bright.

3. Food - We ordered different dishes and I did not get to taste the other dishes they ordered. But I think our companions were pretty satisfied with what they ordered. My professor liked the malunggay shake. We ordered the Chef's Pizza for only 275.00 and it was positively brimming with ingredients. Contrary to what I read here, it was a bit oily but not as oily as yellowcab pizzas. The mango shake was so-so but according to my colleague, the apple-banana shake was great. We ordered malunggay ice cream for dessert and it was excellent, especially considering that one scoop is only 30.00.

I wish Kalikaf has a branch in Manila. I would love to return here to sample all their dishes or even just have pizza again.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Go green, eat green and live green in Dumaguete!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Are you desperate for tasteful food? Have your holiday dreams changed into nightmares that next morning you will again not find a place where green tea would be served? Have your allergies or diabetics pushed you to the brim? If you are in Dumaguete do not give up your hope that you will not have the power to swim with the coral fish next day. Your power and holiday will be saved in Kalikaf, the short name for Kalikasa Kafe.
Kalikasa means in Visayan Nature. Kalikaf promotes healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyle. It is a true pioneer and a true gem in the Filipino ocean of unhealthy junk food. Filipinos love eating (sweet and fatty). It is impossible to beat them in eating competitions. Kalikaf wants to break this omen by establishing an oasis of slow food movement. Their philosophy is: change your food and change your life.
Its starts simply. They serve organic cocosugar produced in the nearby Siquijor along with they organic coffee and organic tea. Thus, they offer a truly organic hot drink! A miracle in the Philippines! Stuffy and hot in dusty Dumaguete? Plunge into funky music, in a peaceful environment and order home-made juice, shakes or ice cream from passion fruit, guyabano, camote, calamansi or green mango. Do you miss pizzas and sandwiches? Here you have serious pizzas and serious sandwiches! Do you wish truly Filipino. You can order chicken, pork, seafood, fish adobo! Soups, pastas and salads are no strange words for the cook either! All ingredients are organic of course! The cafe supports local small farmers by buying from them fruits, vegetables, rice and meat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The Best Healthy Restaurant in Dumaguete!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

One thing I really dont like is vegetables, but i have to diet, my girlfriend asked me to go eat on that restaurant to try some healthy food, im really amazed , not all restaurants in Dumaguete has a very awesome salads , youve got to go try, i love the place, and I love the branding, im a brand designer myself amd I thing there place is well bramded, great atmosphere, Awesome food! - from to couples

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Healthier Dining Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

One serving is good for up to 2 persons. The shrimp & garlic pasta is a must-try. The salad (vinaigrette dressing) is good. We also tried their popular vegetarian pizza -- it was okay.

Visited November 2012