“The BEST restaurant in Dumaguette ”

Soban, Korean Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 182 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Korean
Description: The best Korean restaurant in town serving authentic Korean cuisines with the best service in a good ambience
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at nearly all of the top restaurants in Dumaguette and this is by far the best.

It took me a while to actually take the effort to come here because of the location but I am so glad I did!

Not only is the food incredibly nice, all of the waitresses were very friendly and helpful. On top of all of this, you get supplied with unlimited tea and side dishes throughout the meal.

It is difficult to put into words how good this restaurant is and I can only suggest that you go and experience it for yourself!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Tucked away in a small cul de sac in fromt of NOPH is Soban Korean restaurant. It's somewhat hidden from the main road, so be sure to follow the huge sign.

Upon entering the restaurant, I was immediately greeted by their courteous staff. Maybe it was because I had gone there at an odd hour, but service was prompt. A jug of cold water and a cup of hot tea were placed in front of me shortly after they'd handed me the menu.

I had the Kimichi Jjigae (pork), which, according to the menu, was served with rice. Although I was expecting that the meal would be served with a variety of Korean side dishes (including some really excellent Kimchi), I was pleasantly surprised to find out that a Korean pancake came with the order, as well as iced tea. The Korean pancake was nice and savory and didn't need any additional condiments. The Kimchi Jjigae was very flavorful, moderately spicy, and was brimming with ingredients (pork, shitake mushrooms, tofu and kimchi). The clay pot kept the dish hot throughout the entire meal. My order cost P250; I personally thought that it was more than worth the price.

I would defintely come back here again to try their other dishes.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

After living in South Korea for 6 years I think I knw about korean food. The service and the food is outstanding. Kudos to their staff

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This was our 4th visit to this restaurant. The first three times it was quite good, with good service. This time we wanted one of the good for two chicken selections and the waitress told us it would be an hour. The place was not even busy either. No matter what we tried to change to it was an hour. Once she said 40 minutes, I think just trying to get us to order. How many people are willing to wait an hour for lunch ? We don't understand what is going on there. Hopefully the management reads these comments and can explain. Our chances of going back have diminished drastically.

Date of visit: July 2016
TEDHORSE, Owner at Soban, Korean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Good evening. I have no excuses for this happening but have to aplogise for our unusual service and sincerely thank you for the feedback too.

Actually, I heard about this from my manager before i read this and I was quite upset and embarrased too.

We already took an action with the unqualified waitress and i bet you will never experience this unprofessional service with us if ever you visit us again.

Anyway we appreciate your feedback and want to see you satisfied with our food as well as service.

Thanks have a good evening.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This place is a little hard to find, and there is literally no parking, well in behind the 7-11 and pharmacies along the highway just south of the provincial hospital.
The food is very authentic Korean, there are many small portions of spicy vegetables for sampling. the main courses are plentiful. the staff is friendly and service is excellent.

Date of visit: May 2016