“Serenity and Hospitality”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sheryll A
“Serenity and Hospitality”
Reviewed 27 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I took a break from my busy schedule and wanted to relax. So, I was looking for a place to stay near Dumaguete City.

The place was just perfect. I like its serenity and the nice view of the beach. I also like the people--from the owner to the caretaker. They are all friendly and hospitable.

Michael R
Sylvania
“Perfect holiday spot near Dumaguete”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

After a delayed flight we were met at the airport by Gaston the owner who drove us to Amlan, stopping on the way for some supplies. The unit was great - very comfortable with fabulous ocean views and all the facilities you could want. While we were there, Gaston and Nancy really made us feel at home and on one rainy day they even drove us into Dumaguete for a massage. We found good food options nearby with a great little restaurant and a delicious "Chooks To Go" just up the road. The Amlan Oceanfront Guest Unit was a very relaxing place to stay with perfect hosts in a lovely location. Very highly recommended.

A TripAdvisor Member
“This is tidy cheep accomodation”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Great hospitality from the owners with an awesome view and good snorkling at the doorstep.
Bed was hard but would definitely go back some time.

Paul G
Seattle, Washington
“A New Favorite in Dumaguete”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Great place to stay between Dumaguete and Tanjay. Proprietors are genuinely friendly, nice people. Units are very modern, well maintained and clean, with air conditioning. Right on the beach. Great coral beds for snorkeling. Grounds very well maintained, with optional laundry service available on site. Rooms are very quiet, away from the main road, and well soundproofed, allowing for a great night's sleep.

lillypo
bordeaux
“Relaxing place, amazing snorkeling, nice owners”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

The place is quiet, clean and well furnished. We managed to cook there.
The coral reef is outstanding!
The owners are nice and helpful.
The place is a bit remote but it's really easy to catch a bus or a tricycle just in front of the house.
Be careful, it's not easy to find, there is no name sign and people in alman don't know about it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
9 Apr 2016
Merci.
Bw088
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent unit and relaxing stay.”
Reviewed 19 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Spacious, well appointed, air conditioned and mere steps from the Pacific Ocean my accommodation was more than reasonably priced and well within my travel budget. My congenial hosts were more than helpful. Public transportation was readily available and quite inexpensive. A number of sightseeing tours are available within the area and, again, quite inexpensive. As I continue my travels I leave with regret this haven of peacefulness and tranquility.

Travelling group: Solo
RetiredBa...
Ottawa, Canada
“Very Nice Oceanfront Guest House”
Reviewed 11 November 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

The two oceanfront guest houses are located in Amlan town, approximately 16 kms north of Dumaguete City airport in Negros province, Philippines. Easy and convenient access to the guest houses is via the picturesque two-lane, paved National Highway, which is in excellent condition.

My wife and I stayed at the guest house closest to the ocean for approximately two weeks in August, 2015. The two guest houses are brand new. (We were the first guests!) Our guest house was spotlessly clean, quiet, air conditioned and comfortably furnished.

We really liked the front patio which has a small table and two chairs, plus an electric stove. We prepared a hot breakfast each morning, relaxed and enjoyed the view of the Tanyon Strait, separating Negros province from Cebu Island. The patio also has a sink and running water for clean-up of the dishes, cutlery, etc. which is supplied.

The owners live on the property and were friendly, helpful and readily available.

My wife and I would definitely stay there again if our travels take us to that area of the central Philippines.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing