“Terrible massage”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was offered a head, face, full body and foot massage for 2000 Sri Lankan Rupees. The massage which lasted about an hour, was one of the worst I have ever had. It was being done so quickly that my body was moving all the time. The same "technique" which was like a pincer type action with the hands was used all over my body as well which meant in certain areas it was just like being tickled. It was most bizarre and I felt very disturbed at the end of it. After I asked the owner how long was the training and I was told three years but I don't think the person doing my massage had any idea whatsoever. I definitely wouldn't recommend getting a massage here.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was the worst massage I ever had. Nobody there knows how to massage. My wife felt even violated. Do not go there! Some young people want to earn quick money.

3  Thank Santino C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I'll start by putting his disclaimer out there - this was my first Ayurvedic massage. However, I've had massages all over the world from Thailand to Bali and Mexico and Korea and there are some things that are just not appropriate that happened when i got a full body massage from Suwa Pradeepa. First I had a male masseuse. While that's not my first choice, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. However when he started to massage me and move my sarong, that was used as my cover, and didn't pay attention to make sure my private areas were covered properly I started to feel uncomfortable. First he basically pulled the sarong off so I was completely exposed while on my stomach and aggressively started to massage my butt. I should have stopped him there and it was my fault I didn't. It gets worse. He turned me over and completely had me exposed from the waist up and started to massage my chest and breasts. I felt violated and thinks it iscompletely and utterly out of line for a male masseuse to massage a female like that. However not knowing what the Ayurvedic massage is like, I didn't say anything. It's only after doing some research did I learn that opposite sets should not massage each other.
I won't even go into out the sauna 'room' is more like a hut that is not hot at all and I came out of the massage dripping in oil with no place to shower or wipe off the oil. Worst experience ever.

4  Thank Erika t
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I was going there because of the three reviews on tripadvisor and didnt like the experience. I had a one hour full body treatment. She was only using one hand most of the time and talking to the guy at the front. The atmosphere was not relaxing at all. I would not recommend it.

1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had a 30 min head, shoulder and back massage. I asked for medium pressure as it was my first Sri Lanka massage and probably should have gone for firm. Different technique to what you find in Europe or South East Asia but a good relaxing experience. I'd probably go back and try a full body.

Initially they said 3000/hr but came down to 2500 and finally 1000 for 30 minutes, I could probably have paid less. Listening during the massage to others asking prices they started at 2500/hr, maybe they looked scruffier than me?

They should ask the staff to be quieter during treatments as lots of giggling round a laptop in reception.

1  Thank SmallBizOwner