“Excellent rooms and personell”
other travellers have booked this property
Inside room inside room
At dinner
Single room / Double room
Guests
Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jagath S
“Very bad crazy owner”
Reviewed 19 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I booked the place double room and guide accommodation with break first . He agreed to give the rooms . When we go there room wasn't ready. we had to be there long time. After giving guest room crazy owner told me if this not good you take your guest to another hotel but i have recommended this place to my guest so i had to be there. I got my room after two hour it also not a room like a toilet no space, no ventilation. There wasn't water in the workers bath room i had to use it . when i inform it to the owner he blamed to me . how ever because i went there i stayed. next day morning i was waiting for the break fast but there wasn't any sign so i asked from the manager then crazy owner has told not to give break first to me . he has arranged the bill and left the place when we check out .I wanted to tell him something but i didn't have the time . If any one want to get such a experience you can go to this very worst place in Ella.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Tom S
“Excellent rooms and personell”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Rooms very clean and personal friendly. Especially the owner "Sanny" is very kind and helpful.I would go there again any time

6 Dec 2017
It was great to have you with us at Grand Peak Hotel Ella.
Thanking you Sincerely
Grand Peak Hotel Ella
clairehal...
Greater Adelaide, Australia
“A great stay in Ella”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My friends and I stayed at Ella Grand Peak for two nights in August 2017. We were made welcome from the moment we stepped through the front gate. Sujatha sat us down and gave us a map to orient us with the Ella area. She pointed out local landmarks and gave us instructions on how to locate Ella Rock and other attractions.

During the first night of our stay we ate at the hotel and the food was some of the most delicious we ate during the entirety of our Sri Lankan holiday.

The rooms at hotel were clean, generously sized and overlooked a cute courtyard style garden. The best feature of this accommodation was undoubtedly the friendliness of the people working there. They were always willing to assist us with any query we had. They even helped us book transport to our next destination. Sonny appeared to speak several languages including fluent English.

I believe we experienced the epitome of Sri Lankan hospitality at this hotel and would highly recommend Ella Grand Peak to other travellers.

Thank you for having us Sonny and Sujatha.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
6 Sep 2017
“thank you for your review - I’ll take your views into consideration”
Ishthiyaq...
“Just another place of interest to enjoy in Ella”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Even though I booked this place for just a night out purpose, me and my team were attracted by this hotel very much. We thought to stay here for an extra day and just spend time in this hotel. Pleasant environment, kind staffs with professional attitudes. One more point I have to mention and admired is, they prepared us delicious varieties of Sri Lankan food even though the kitchen was closed and we ordered it late night. I am very thankful to the staffs regarding this. The hotel environment was like 'feel free at home'. We can just stay in that hotel and inside the corridor for whole day and spend time. Dust free and very clam place. Rooma were very big with 3 double beds. Very spacious and comfortable.
Prices were absolutely reasonable. Foods were delicious and not too much oily and hot. Tea and coffee were wonderful where they provided is in a pot rather than giving it in a cup, and we had more than once. I really like this approach.
The owner was very friendly, polite, kind and professional. I like his personality very much. Very helpful and frequently met us and tried to fulfill our needs. He speaks more than 3 languages I believe. So there won't be a problem for non English speaking foreigners.
I highly recommend this place to any people who comes as team
Or family. Best of luck

28 Aug 2017
" Thank you for your review _ it was great to have you stay"
Sonny & Sujatha
Claire B
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Guesthouse in the centre of Ella”
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed here for a couple of nights during our tour of Sri Lanka. A 5 minute walk from the train station and conveniently placed for all Ella has to offer.
The room itself was spacious and had 2 double beds and a private bathroom. The beds were reasonable, but my husband and I did find ourselves rolling into the middle as the night went on! Could do with a little updating, the fridge and tv didn't work and there wasn't enough plugs, but overall it did the job.
The bathroom was clean and the water was hot, so no complaints here.
The wifi was poor and even when we sat near the box it was almost impossible to get any! Ok for me, but my teenage daughter wasn't so impressed!
The breakfast was enormous! So much food we couldn't eat it all, and really really delicious.
If you want a budget stay in a beautiful part of Sri Lanka you won't go far wrong, would be great for backpackers.

28 Aug 2017
“thank you for your review - I’ll take your views into consideration”
Angeline...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best stay on trip”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This was the only hotel of the 7 booked on our Sri Lanka trip that sent me a welcoming note a day before my arrival. The 3 earlier hotels enquired at check in if I had made payment. This hotel had reservations perfect.
Large beds in spacious rooms. Good bathroom. We were on ground floor so super convenient. Attentive manager who understood our requests. Breakfast generous with refills of hot milk for coffee and tea superb.
Just 2 doors away is an excellent restaurant and undoubtedly best dinner we enjoyed on trip. Thank you Ella Grand Peak!

9 Jul 2017
"" Thank you for your review _ it was great to have you stay" Sonny.D.Ranathunga C E O Grand Peak Hotel Ella."
Tharindu...
“Nice hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Hotel was nearby the Ella railway station as well as it was close to many attractions nearby. We got a family room - a room of 5 for Rs. 7500.00, which is cheaper than most of the places. Manager Sonny and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful. Sonny can speak in Sinhala, English and I heard him speaking some French also. He gives you information about the attractions you can visit etc.

The room was spacious. There is a ceiling fan, sometimes it might get hot in the day time. The attached bathroom was clean and hot water is available. The beds are comfortable. There were 2 mosquito nets but they were not required since there were no mosquitoes. There are suntan chairs outside every room which I saw many relaxing. Wifi was reliable.

The breakfast was delicious. It includes freshly baked pancakes, eggs, toasts and juices.

We will visit again.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
30 Apr 2017
" Thank you for your review _ it was great to have you stay"
Sonny.D.Ranathunga
Grand Peak Hotel Ella.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing