“Clean, cosy and comfortable”
Review of Sweet House No.12

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yunlin County
Sweet House No.12
Ranked #1 of 62 Yunlin County B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Clean, cosy and comfortable”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are looking for a quiet area in the little town of Gukeng, this is definitely the perfect place. You may need to take the cab to travel in and out of the accommodation (bicycle is another option) as the place is quite hidden from the main road, but that is the one of the perks of staying in one of the best BnB in town. While it is quite hidden, you get to enjoy the paddy fields and cycle through fruit farms that are surrounding the accommodation. I would recommend the place to any travelers planning to stay in Gukeng and those who wish to have a quiet retreat in a clean, cosy and comfortable BnB. Breakfast is simple (one egg per person plus bread and drinks), plus the occasional treat to some freshly grounded local coffee or fruits (we had watermelon and pineapple for the summer) from the owners. Absolutely loved this place and hope to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Mr. Hah,

Thank you so much for the compliment which is a great encouragement to us! We were pleased to have you as our favorite home guests those days, it was delight having chat with you and your girls. Hopefully to see you again and please do recommend Gukeng to travelers who plan to visit Taiwan where there are so many beautiful places other than big cities.

Please send my regards to your family.
Reishi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very Nice, Clean, and Friendly Environment - Extremely recommended. The owner of the hostel is really friendly, the breakfast is simple and absolutely great. The area location is perfectly calm and close to all tourist areas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Andre,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am glad you like the countryside lifestyle!
Please do introduce the beauty of Taiwan to your friends who have not yet visit here, I really think Taiwan is a beautiful island to visit and stay.

Looking forward to seeing you again.
Happy Chinese New Year!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

It's so pleased to stay here, I packed wonderful experience back home. The hosts have a dream to cultivate art and culture of its village, and they try so hard to keep on making it come true. Though the house doesn't locate in city center (it took me about 10 mins from Toului train station to here by motorcycle), you may experience the culture and typical hospitality of Taiwan! I could keep my own time and space undisturbed while I also got a warm talk with the hosts whenever I want to. Highly recommend this place for all travelers, who comes abroad particularly.

一個很棒的地方,可以體驗真實的台灣生活。個人相當認同主人們對於老房改造和社區文化的經營理念,樂於看到這樣的力量在台灣鄉鎮中茁壯。房子布置處處可見用心,連防曬乳都貼心提供,忘了帶外套,張媽媽還主動借我袖套。主人尊重每個人的空間和時間,不隨意打擾;但如果想要一個溫暖的談話,他們也非常樂於奉陪和分享。非常推薦這個地方,並支持他們的理念,希望自己有天能看到他們的夢想成真

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Krall2013
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Hi, Krall,

Thanks for your kind review! Yes, although we are not located downtown, its still not far from train station and even highways. We are glad you had a good time spending here with your own pace. "Feeling home-coming" is always the core value of our service. Really looking forward to seeing you again, and we do wish you the best luck on everyday!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The guesthouse is located between Douliu and Guken, remotely away from downtown of Douliu where you can truly experience the scent of both country wildness and peace. Following the map, we drove to a small ally discovering colorful painted-on walls welcoming us, and the traditional one-floor house with tiny front courtyard full of blooming flowers and seasonal vegetables. That is the moment you are immersed yourself in the very vacation spirit.
Walking inside the house, it is newly restored combining the old fashion of the house and modern elements. All rooms are well-equipped with LCD-TV, audio device, air conditioning, small sofa and comfortable mattress, but the decoration of old photos, wooden window frame, chest of drawers and lamp tell you a wonderful story of the owner’s family. We either lie ourselves down to relax, or stepping out to take a walk on the ridge embraced with breeze and sunlight.
I am also amazed of the spotlessness of the place, even the shared bathroom, and the hospitality of the owner. This is a place not only to crash on for a night, but to enjoy a lifestyle different from urban rush.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elisa111111
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Elisa,

Thank you very much for the highly recognition, we are really honored! Especially to those detailed description of our guesthouse and surroundings, we are very glad that you noticed the efforts we have put in. To offer a clean and comfortable living environment is our first priority, to make travelers feel like at home is our goal. We really appreciated the opportunity to serve you, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
R
Tainan, Taiwan
Reviewed 20 October 2012

There I was, finally; I made it out of the city, I wasn't sure what was ahead of me, but forward I plunged - I looked around town, checking out hotels - but they were just hotels; they were clean, but the beds were hard as stone and the feeling just wasn't right. And then it happened.
I picked the newspaper, with what little Chinese I knew I understood that there was a new B&B around - an art village B&B planted between the rice paddies and tangerine orchards just outside the city. It was the right choice: I gave them a call, they all spoke English. They picked me up from the city. Spectacular deco.The bed was soft and fresh and down. I could see the mountains from the rooftop. So clean, so good. Great service.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ballet room, but they all seemed nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jojoflower
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Joe,

Thank you for the great review here! It was our pleasure having you around. We wouldn't notice how wonderful the rooftop could be if it wasn't you. Do appreciate and look forward to seeing you again someday in the future!

Cheers,
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Really love the ballet room that I stayed in Kaohsiung. Despite the modest exterior of the building, I was pleasantly surprised by the room's thoughtful decor and cleanliness (have stayed at many home stays and have to say its one of the cleanest)! There was also a much needed washing machine, but would be great if there was also a dryer.

What I love about the place is the owner Reishi - the spunky lady is one cool person to hang out with (thanks for bringing this lone traveler to try local food!)
Thanks for helping me look out for a package that I sent to the home stay from another part of Taiwan ! Really appreciate it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Gwendonut
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Gwen,

Thank you for the kind recommendation, the pleasure is mine! I was more than happy to show you the true local life since you are here with mission, not just for leisure. I wish i can still have the honor to receive you again at our new BnB in Gukeng in the future!

Best luck to you!
Cordially, Reishi
Königswinter
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The villa is of course no villa but features 1 1/2 room apartments in the 25th floor of a 37 floor building within minutes of the Sanduo Shopping District Station.
From the balcony, I had a priceless view to the West across the harbour and the city and the giant Sky Tower. Views like this are hard to find even in 5star hotels across the globe. Cool!
The apartment is small but cozy and the lovely and helpful owner has certainly some talent for decoration. The bed is kind of a futon, but very comfortable. The balcony provides a simple washing machine. A fridge is also provided for.
Since you do not have to cross a staff-packed lobby when going out of the building, you do not feel like in a hotel but like somebody who lives in this city. This is a great feeling, I very much enjoyed my three nights there.
There are plenty of shopping centers and food courts as well as a night market in a 500 meter radius. The building is just three stops by KMRT from the railway station. It can hardly be more convenient.
Free WiFi is avaliable. Cleanliness is flawless.
So, I very much recommend this place for single travellers and young couples. For more than two people, business travellers or those who need the amenities of a five star hotel, this might not be the right place, just so you know.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 30degreesminimum
Sweet_House, 業者 at Sweet House No.12, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Holger,

Thank you so much for your kind recommenation! We do try our best to make guests feel like at "home", like just living in the city as local residents. The memory foam mattress is most pricey and significant item in our room which offers the best sleeping quality for travelers around the world, we are so glad that you find it comfortable! Its our pleasure to serve you, and hopefully can serve you again in the future!

Cordially yours,