“Much better than another in the Chine Group of hotels!”

Miaoli Maison de Chine Hotel
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Miaoli County
Miaoli County, Taiwan
“Much better than another in the Chine Group of hotels!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I wrote a couple of months back that my wife and I would never again visit the Palais de Chine in Taipei after their inability to cope with my wife's wheelchair. We had no real alternative when we went to stay in Toufen, Miaoli County, we had to stay at their sister hotel the Maison de Chine. It is an excellent place. Very well thought through for wheelchair access and staff who were happy to help my wife, but never condescending. The hotel and all public areas are clean and well maintained. The"standard " room is big and comfortable. The one restaurant served good and reasonably priced dinners. BUT their breakfast was awful, their worst crime was not being able to cook congee correctly, the dish that all Chinese people across the. world eat for breakfast. A minor crime is that there was no Western food available, not a scrambled egg in sight!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip G
苗栗兆品, 總經理 at Miaoli Maison de Chine Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2016
Dear Asiaadman, Thank you very much for choosing Maison de Chine as your home-away -home in Miaoli. We are greatful to your kindness compliments on the hotel amenities,services and your uncomfortable stay experience. We are deeply disappointed that your enjoyable stay has been tained due to the shortful in our day to day operation. Once again, thank you for your supporting and we look forward to continuously serving you on your next visit, hopefully, in the not-too-distant future ! Simon Ling-General Manage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, UK
Reviewed 19 May 2013

In fact, I am still staying in this hotel, while writing this comment.
I am here for business and the free shuttle bus from hotel to science business park, and free to use washing and tumble dryer machines on the 9th floor, could save you money or spend it on beers.

The hotel is very clean, the room is reasonably big, and the staffs are very helpful.

No worries to kill your weekend if you stay in this hotel, as there are 5 push-bikes can be used for free. That will allow you to explore the town centre or even to the nearby mountain, Lion Head Mountain Scenic Area.

Breakfast room is quite good. The food, however, is average.
Having breakfast with lots of Chinese tourists may give you different feelings :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank afwidjaja
Dear afwidjaja, Thank you very much for choosing Maison de Chine as your home-away -home in Miaoli. We are greatful to your kindness compliments on the hotel amenities,services and your uncomfortable stay experience. We are deeply disappointed that your enjoyable stay has been tained due to the shortful in our day to day operation. Once again, thank you for your supporting and we look forward to continuously serving you on your next visit, hopefully, in the not-too-distant future ! Simon Ling-General Manage
East Central Indiana
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was really overwhelmed with my experience at this hotel. The whole experience from the start was just about perfect. I found the outside of the hotel to be inviting and right out of a movie script. Across the street is a beautiful park where people jog on an all-weather track, and play croquet on a large open grass court. The hotel itself was very clean and bright. I found the staff to be helpful, and always on duty. This is important to me when I am concerned about jetlag and staying up most of the night. I was always able to get answers. The staff I worked with had good language skills in english, and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I rank this experience with my top group of hotes. I would stay here again without hesitation and recommend it highly. If you collect quality hotel experiences, this would be one.

Room Tip: My room had a double King. It was a huge bed, I was great with that. It was comfortable and I h...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank WuSongLong
苗栗兆品, 總經理 at Miaoli Maison de Chine Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2017
Dearest WuSongLong,
Thank you for your comments and sharing your valuable experiences with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities provided. We hope that we get to have another chance to be of your service in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
Simon Lin
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Extremely surprised with the hotel - very modern. I had a really very nice sleep - totally recharge from my busy sched in Taiwan. Beddings and linens are superb. Toilet and bath is vry big and clean. The breakfast selection is also good, am very happy seeing a wide selection unlike the typical porridge at the other hotel.

• Stayed February 2011