“Not old but retro”
Review of Hsin Hsin Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miaoli County
Hsin Hsin Hotel
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Miaoli County
“Not old but retro”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My family of 3 stayed in a spacious room with 2 big beds for NTD1200/night. The hotel is located within walking distance to miaoli railway station and the night market which opens only on certain nights. The room was fitted with sound proof glass, flat screen TV, mini fridge, clean and new slippers, very comfortable beds and pillows. The owners came to the car to help us with the luggage up the stairs and told the driver where to bring us for dinner. The owner proudly orientated us around his 4 storeys building which is very clean. Upon hearing that we were on a 12 days trip, they offered to wash our clothes for free. There is a big open deck for air drying the clothes. It is also where they hang the bedlinens which is sheltered. The owner brought us extra blankets without our requesting and also local snacks. On departure, the lady owner gave my daughter a hand made zipped purse as souvenir. A very nice old couple indeed.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank IveeLim

Business
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I am at Hsinhsin hotel now, very near to Miaoli train station. There are a night market on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
We are staying at room 307. The room is very clean though the furniture is quite vintage. There is nothing we could complain. The bosses are so friendly who I felt that they are my respectful elder than someone whom I known less than a day. Suggested itinerary was printed and placed in front of the counter. The boss also taught how to plan my trip. I had made a right choice to stay at Hsinhsin hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank happy124
Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

As we had 3 duffel bags, we opted for the NT1000 room in which we get a bigger room with more walking space. Saw the gadgets which reminded me of old days with family members. They helped to plan a half day cab tour as we started off at around 1pm, which is way before the typical check in timing... Bed is firm though, not used to it. Location is tops, no worries for travelers with non-roller bags. Breakfast is excluded but there's yonghe at left side and sandwiches (we didn't try as we went yonghe) at right side. The hotel has no lifts, so need to walk up to your room. Overall, we would recommend to others considering location and rate.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TakoTako
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Just visited on dragon boat festival, got great experiences from this stay. All the detail of the decoration and construction of the building remind me my childhood at my gandma's.
Host are a lovely couple who are just like our own parents, easily chat with and introduce us to the best foods and sides of Maoli.
It's vintage but it's not old! It's retro but it's definitely suits young people.
Most of all price are pretty! Can't find a better choice then this! Surly on my revisiting list :D

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The owners of the hotel are incredibly friendly. I felt like I was a friend staying over and not a paying customer in a hotel. They even invited me to sit down and have a snack with them after getting back to the hotel from visiting the city.

While I was there, they even helped me plan my trip and made sure everything went smoothly despite my poor Mandarin skills.

I highly recommend Xinxing Hotel, especially if you would like to see more than the metropolitan areas of Taiwan.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank travelnow94
singapore
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Very much doubt I can find another inn of this quality at NT700. When the lady boss Mrs Luo brought me to my room, she asked if I needed to do any laundry - they provide this service, free. The room has air conditioning but even better, a fan, as I prefer the fan to air con. Pretty spacious too. Very clean. Everything harks back to the 50s/60s. The place is simply...interesting. You can tell Mr & Mrs Luo really like people. Over generous servings of fruits they went over my itinerary for the next day giving suggestions and spoke with the driver when he came to pick me for the 1 day tour. It is no wonder it won the top ten "happy inns" in Taiwan.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo