“Adequate for one night stay”

Suriwong Chumphon Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Chumphon
Bangkok
“Adequate for one night stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel was acceptable for one nights stay. It was rather basic, but we only paid just over 10 pounds to stay there the night on agoda.com and it was at the time of our booking the cheapest available hotel for a nights stay in chumphon on agoda. We just wanted somewhere basic to stay one night before going on to the islands of Ko Tao and Ko Phanghan. We stayed with two small children. We had two double beds in the room, a flat screen tv and air conditioning. Which rather a good list of facilities considering the price. The room was not very large but large enough for our family to fit. Staff did not know much English but tried to help with local directions. Only a ten minute walk from the train station. Hotel reasonably clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as hotel located on main road
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My life's worst hotel experience ever.
The feeling you got inside the hotel was that it ended up in a desolate old hospital. There were tiles everywheret. Even inside the hotel room was the tile near the top of the walls, and then this was the room we slept in. When we would sleep did not feel the bedding clean and in the morning I discovered dirt and small blood stains on them. Luckily we would only spend one night here before we go to Koh Tao. This was the only reason we have not changed the hotel as soon as we got there. Though I had discovered the dirty sheets, I had changed all at once! The staff were very bad in English or so pretended they did not understand what I said.

They served no breakfast, and if you want water you had to buy it from vending machines. All of the machines were out and no shops were open nearby. All it was was some tea and dry biscuits.

My feeling is that they focused on guests who stay a night before they go to Koh Tao or take the train to Bangkok and therefore is not a service in focus ..... nor clean linen: (.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Madelenee

Travellers are raving about these Chumphon hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Firstly, the room was spacious and clean, so for the price, no complaints there. The staff was dimwitted and unhelpful. When I arrived the clerk held up my passport and said "Excuse me sir, but your visa is expired!" (She proceeded to show me a copy of my old Vietnam tourist visa from a year ago) I replied, "Yeah no (bleep), that's because that's from Vietnam and this is Thailand!" She then asked me more questions about my visa and why I was in Thailand, as if that should matter to a hotel clerk. After waving my work permit around and showing my current 1 year visa in my passport, the wheels in her head turned at glacial speed until she realized I was legit, in terms of my immigration status. After this, our stay in our room was decent, and we slept decently. In the morning the front desk called my room at 11:25a and asked when we would be checking out, since check out time was 12:00p. I've never had anybody from the hotel call me 35 minutes before check out time to get my status, but maybe that's just Chumphon for you. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Our train to Chumphon was several hours late, arriving after midnight. So we were happy to find the hotel close to the station and with reception still open to give us our key. Room was basic, but fine. Strange bathroom - no drain in the shower stall so water runs across the room and down the floor drain!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple