“Dated and noisy”
Review of Joondalup Resort

Joondalup Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Connolly
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I booked accomodation over the net and the photos looked great, and the price led me to believe the standard would be high, but unfortunately the place just didn't come close to meeting expectations.

The rooms are dated and tired looking, the room smelt musty and the outdoor furniture on the deck needed cleaning before you'd want to sit in it. The pool didn't look at all inviting, with crows feeding and splashing about in it. It looked a little green but to be fair that may have just been the colour that the bottom of it was painted.

We also found that the rooms are extremely noisy - wedding guests chose to have a party in the neighbouring rooms and we were pretty gracious till after midnight (you have to expect that I guess) but around midnight we rang reception (3 times over about 2 and a half hours), but no action seemed to be taken and the party eventually petered out around 3am when we were finally able to get to sleep. Not what you expect from a resort that touts itself as a restful place for relaxation.

We also dined in their Restaurant, Bistro 38. The food was OK, but if you order a steak, for example - that's pretty much all you get - a lump of steak - if you want a meal you actually have to order vegetables or a salad on the side - I thought this practice had died out long ago!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed one night a month ago and had a great time. We played a round of golf and then checked in to our ground level room. Check in was easy and quick and staff very helpful. The room is a motel style with no cooking facilities. We were lucky to get a room overlooking the golf course and pool. The bed is comfortable. The resort is well away from any roads so there is no traffic noise. There is a small patio with outdoor chairs and table at the back of each room, which is a very relaxing place to be with a glass of wine. There is also a large grassed area which leads down to the golf course. Plenty of shady trees as well. We did not have dinner at the resort but we did have breakfast which was superb. Downside of not eating at the resort is having to drive some distance to find a restaurant. If you enjoy playing on a world class golf course and coming back to a clean and comfy room then this is for you.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room overlooking the golf course (quite a few rooms overlook the carpark!).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Nice resort, however the rooms need upgrading. Our view was of the carpark. We booked the standard room, which is the lowest option, however at a resort, we expected a little better. They are outdated. Shower had great water pressure.
Resort itself is lovely in a beautiful setting. Beautiful places to walk on the grounds. The breakfast was fantastic, probably the best I've had in a long time.
Volume from music was clashing on the Friday evening between the DJ outside, and the wedding in the marquee. Don't feel that was very considerate to the wedding party.
I would recommed this resort to others, however it has much room for improvement.

Room Tip: ask for your room to NOT face the carpark
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

It's such a breath-taking place and memorable one since we went there for the reception of my sister's wedding. The place is very refreshing and everything is almost perfect! We actually stayed here September 15, 2012 and I only made a review today. There's no option to choose the latter year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here for four nights, very disappointing, got sick from eating room service, was the only thing I had eaten alone as the all people I was with we're fine. Phone did not work in the room, complained four times, then eventually gave up. They have soap dispensers in bath room, seems cheep to me like a nasty motel. On a good point bed was comfortable and nice big bath towels. There is very little mobile coverage on ground floor rooms, but hotel can't be banned for this. Would I stay here again I don't think so.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rpwacf
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the 9 November 2013 for a friends wedding. As we retired to bed that night I pulled back the covers to find blood stains on the quilt. I felt absolutely horrified that this could even occur and disgusted with my findings. It is extremely dangerous and poses a huge biohazard. When I rang down to reception I was told " nothing I can do about it now and to speak yo the manager the following morning". Lucky there were two beds in the room.
The next morning as we walked to breakfast we walked past room service that had been left outside people's rooms. The lid covers were swarming and full of blowflies and disappointing to say these were still there when we returned to our room.
The lift was dirty and full of crushed up twisties which had also been there since 5 pm the previous day.
The service we received has been disappointing to say the least. We have been offered $50 off our room, the room costing $260, which is extremely overpriced given the low standard of this so called "resort" and then when we complained to the hotel manager we are offered another night at $100 in a generic email.
I am surprised that we have received no offer of compensation or offer of a full refund given the severity of health risk during our stay. The only thing we have been offered is to spend more money with this resort, which I can assure you we will never occur again.

So if you enjoy blood stains in your bed, a resort swarming with blow flies out side your door and a dirty lift then please I recommend you to stay at Joondalup resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jo_86_13
Reviewed 8 November 2013

got bad back, could not move & stayed in room, got room service to eat, but noone ever took any interest or care...was hard to even organize dr visit [which they do not have]...receptionists clueless about any questions you ask ?!
I gues it is only about golf...

Room Tip: very noisy, due to their garden/greens upkeeping people who start noise early i morning, but also du...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ivan c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connolly
Joondalup City Hotel
10 mi away
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
#4 of 6 in Scarborough

Been to Joondalup Resort? Share your experiences!