“Nice location, bad attitude!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Joondalup Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Connolly
Perth, Australia
“Nice location, bad attitude!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Recently our daughter and (now) son in law had their wedding here. The setting was fabulous, overlooking the golf course. The reception area was also fabulous and the meal excellent.
The general staff looking after us were all very helpful and pleasant.
The rooms we stayed in after were about average for an older hotel and could do with a bit of renovation. Prices were very high for the condition of them.
The general staff were good, but when it came to anybody in a position of authority, they were very unhelpful and in some cases downright RUDE. Everything was too much trouble for them.
I think that they don't want people there. DO NOT RECCOMMEND as a place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve and Reche... M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We've had a lovely Easter break. We stayed in Lake View room with a balcony. All 4 of us enjoyed our stay.

Beds were massive and so comfortable! Room was serviced daily. Fantastic when you have 2 little kids to look after. I had nothing to worry about.

Hubby played golf while our 2 daughters and I had a splash in the pool and spa.

The grounds are very beautiful just like being in a Paradise. There are walking paths if you feel like walking. You can get a map from reception and take a lovely walk about.

Restaurant is great too. Very reasonably priced and the food is magical!!! Our kids were given colouring packs and they were busy while my husband and I have enjoyed a lovely glass of wine of the day for only $5 a glass. The wine was divine!

The staff are very friendly and go out of their was trying to please you.

We highly recommend Joondalup Resort to all families. Fantastic break only a few minutes away from it all but it feels like you are in a different planet.

Room Tip: Lake View room with a balcony is the best. We loved it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lancing, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

If you want to do some shopping but don't fancy the busy streets of Perth then come to this city less than an hour away. It has what will become the largest shopping centre in WA. There are plenty of eateries and is a transport hub. Granted I've no idea how good public transport is - outside Perth I saw only 2 buses in 2 weeks while staying here

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We attended a wedding at the resort and stayed two nights in a Lakeview room. The room was comfortable but there were a few problems. The bathroom was not very clean - I picked up hair pins from the floor and there was mould in the shower recess. The room appeared to have been renovated (compared to others we saw) but there was no decent mirror outside the bathroom. The floor of the balcony was very dirty. But the biggest problem was our door lock. After the ceremony we dashed back to the room and found that our key card did not work. We ran up to reception (not close) and were given another card. This did not work. Back to get another one. Still no success. A passing employee gave us a master key and decided that the batteries in the lock needed replacing. Meanwhile we had missed the opportunity to take photos of the wedding party. Not happy. We rejoined the wedding guests for an hour before coming back to the room. Someone arrived to fix the lock but had no success. We kept the key but had only one to share. For the price I expected a much better experience. I am still waiting for the complaints manager to contact me - apparently he was on holidays until later in the week. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Connolly hotels

Perth, Aus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I purchased a 'Par 4' package to celebrate my partners birthday. He's an avid golf player and is a huge fan of the course, so this seemed like a perfect opportunity to spend a night at the resort and the next day (he) would spend his Birthday playing 18 holes.

When I made the reservation a month before the check in date I requested the 'Lakeview' room (most expensive), paid the deposit and all the details were emailed to me.

The whole experience was incredibly disappointing, with so many complaints a number format is probably the most efficient way to write this.

1. When we arrived to check in we were informed that we had been downgraded from the room that I had booked and paid a deposit for. No one had attempted to contact me prior to inform me, I was told at check in.

2. The room smelt like dead ants, the sink was full of dead ants and what appeared to be some sort of black shavings??!! And the phone didn't work, which isn't usually an issue however of course we wanted to order room service that night.

3. Called the reception (on our mobile) and they sent someone down who ascertained that the phone didn't work and the room wasn't really up to standard. Offered to change rooms - however the computer service was down could we wait half an hour. We waited an hour and when no one came to inform us we left a note at the door (since the phone didn't work) with our mobile numbers to contact us on and went for a walk.

4. An hour later the note was gone however no one had contacted us so we walked to reception and was informed that it would be another two hours before the computer system was up. Since it was already night time we said it was no point changing rooms in two hours (2130). We asked how we could order room service and they said to call reception when we were ready.

5. Called reception for room service (from our mobile) and they put us through to room service. No one answered. We had to hang up and call reception again to take our order.

6. There was a wedding reception on, no worries, however perhaps informing the guests staying there that night that Whitney Houston would be playing loudly until midnight might have been an excellent idea. Once Whitney stopped at midnight, for the next two hours drunk guests of the reception (who were staying in the rooms one of which I was booked into but never got) above us were screaming at each other and slamming doors. Absolutely delightful. We informed reception at 1am, they said they would send a duty manager however the noise didn't diminish.

7. Whilst walking to breakfast the next morning (included in the package) the gardens smelt like vomit and there were empty beer bottles casually lying around.

8. When I asked to speak to a manager about my concerns at check out I was informed that there was no one on duty (it being a sunday??!!) however my number was taken and someone would call me tomorrow. The bill didn't have the room service we ordered on it and when I enquired about it they couldn't find the receipt - instead asking me whether I remembered how much the meal was. Then adding it to the invoice.

9. The CEO called me on Monday to discuss my concerns and he seemed nice enough about the bad experience. Promising to look into and get back to me in the next few days.
It has now been a week and I have heard nothing.

No offer of renumeration or compensation for a more than $400 crappy experience. (I believe there was a stuff up with the golf the next day but I can't say I was receptive to that)

The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are old and outdated but still fine if cleaned properly.
However not being informed about the downgrade and the noise from the wedding is, in my opinion, incredibly poor service. The staff seemed inexperienced and unable to handle any problems or complaints efficiently (I didn't make any kind of scene) and overall it was an incredibly disappointing weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We didn't stay at the Resort but were invited to dinner in Bistro 38 to a relatives birthday. We arrived very early so had a drink and watched some football in the Kangaroo Arms. We found it a lovely little bar and the staff were great. Buffet dinner in Bistro 38 was very nice, lots to choose from - whole salmon, oysters, prawn, musells squid plus salads, curries and roasted meats and casseroles. Plenty of sweets and cheese but the great thing was a flat white coffee!!! Often buffets just have filter coffee. The staff were really nice and we had a great evening.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We didn't stay at this gorgeous hotel but we did play golf, dine and spend time at the bar on a Friday night. Wait staff here is very friendly, generous and attentive. They were quick to make suggestions for food and drink to us as visitors to Australia. An outdoor patio bar around the pool with a DJ or one man band made for a couple pleasant nights of music and drinks with friends.
On another night we enjoyed an outstanding meal prepared by chefs Pat and Kevin. If you do dine here ask for the duck or lamb. Again, fantastic service from Bianca and her staff of Brooke, Adam, Connor, Iqbal and more.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connolly
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
#2 of 6 in Scarborough
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth

Been to Joondalup Resort? Share your experiences!