“R.G.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Connolly
Perth, Australia
“R.G.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed for one night for our special anniversary . Our room was in between a wedding party
that kept us awake most of the night with loud talking and laughing, Had to ring up twice to complain about the noise that was going on. Rooms are not very sound proof could still hear talking after everyone had gone. very disappointed need to organise rooms better.
Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: quiter room not in between a wedding party
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
J_Resort, Manager at Joondalup Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business workshop. Room was a good size. Has free wifi. Bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were polite and helpful, and the night audit manager was friendly on checkout. The room could have done with more attention when being cleaned...something spilled on the phone by a previous guest was still there, entry area not clean, and shower had lots of marks. Thank goodness the heater worked well as no spare blanket in the room. Buffet breakfast had a good selection, with nice fresh fruit. Had dinner in the restaurant both nights, food was ok but expensive for the quality you get. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly but long wait for food both nights. Not a bad hotel for a short business trip but certainly some room for improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We're committed to providing the best possible service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. We look forward to offering you a more satisfactory experience if you choose to visit us again. Thank you
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights during the winter. Very peaceful surrounding and quiet. Even managed to catch a glimpse of kangaroos in the golf course. Room decor is fine albeit a little old fashioned. However it is well equipped. Glad they have the heater in the room. Breakfast provided was ok. Good for a out of town accommodation to enjoy the peace and tranquility.

Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. My room looked out over the large and impressive swimming pool, through I didm't have much time to enjoy the view. The staff were consistently polite, cheerful and helpful. The room was very comfortable. An arm chair and ottoman were particularly welcome features.

The property is a resort, clearly designed for holiday guests and less so for business travellers. My only quibble is that is the lack of plug points. At the work area where I set up a laptop there were no plug points. I had to drag the cord across the room. When I tried to charge my phone at the bedside table there was no easily available plug point. I had to crawl under the bed to get to one.

But these are the needs of a business traveler working to tight deadlines. As a holiday location these would probably not be an issue.

I will be coming back on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean with big rooms (just a little old). Beds are comfortable (except for very hard pillows). The shower was over the bath, but lots of hot water. The setting is picturesque on the golf course and beautifully quiet and serene - yet still very convenient for a business stay at a much more reasonable price than a central city hotel. Service was polite and attentive. All round a good stay except for the pillows.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melb22
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arriving at dusk and needing to leave for business first thing in the morning, i could not experience much of this resort. Being a work trip, I had a basic room service dinner & the $38.00 Buffet Breakfast seemed too expensive for a hasty feed, so I ate elsewhere for less than half that price. The room however was spacious & very quiet....just as well as they ask you to sign a declaration at checkin that you must be quiet. Felt like I was back in school or church! However, I slept well & would stay again, if ever I need a super quiet night in the burbs of Perth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Graham J
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I couldn't wait to attend the High Tea to celebrate my 57th Birthday with very special friends.
When I arrived was meet by the Manager of the day while pleasant did have an attitude but she did manage to find us a better table as it was looking straight into a giant pillar go figure.
After getting settled on a new table looking over the garden the venue is a very relaxing and beautiful one even on a rainy day. Staff are friendly and over all good service.
The afternoon's delights where described to us by the waitress so we waited eagerly for it to arrive High Tea as it is traditional known is small bite size pieces hot and cold selections served on a 2-3 tiered stands. The first selection was terrible didn't taste as though it was fresh and had been left overs from the day before and they where cold and overly large in size. The 2nd tier where homemade scones jam and cream they looked okay but where raw inside when I told the waitress she replaced one of them and told me that was the last of them so basically bad luck. Obviously the staff out the back got stuck into them. Then the final level as giant over sized chocolate cupcake no body was game to try them at all. Small lemon tart and a panna cotta with no flavor at all. It was very disappointing the girls didn't make a big deal about as it was my birthday. So review venue beautiful,clean, staff friendly food lets them down really very basic and no flavor would I eat here again No and neither would my friends go back.
I had eaten there the night before with friends and the food while looked good lacked in body,texture and flavour it you blind folded me and asked me what Id eaten I wouldnt have been able to tell you..
Will try Rochelle Adonis next time might be further to drive but would be worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoriapersich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connolly
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
#4 of 6 in Scarborough
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach

Been to Joondalup Resort? Share your experiences!