This is a review that I meant to write last year. My wife booked our stay with Travel Republic and got quite a good deal, we have stayed at Pissouri beach once before and liked the location, it is not as rowdy as Paphos but still with plenty of places to eat and be entertained
The Columbia Beach Resort, not to be confused with the Columbia Beach Hotel, is somewhat more up market than we are used to, and we got used to it very quickly. We had booked a junior suite with garden view and on arrival were pleasantly surprised that not only did we have a view of the pool but also a side sea view. It transpired that we had been upgraded to an Executive suite.
I did raid the mini bar on arrival for a cold beer, that was going to cost me 9 Euros when we left, 3 Euros is the norm throughout the resort. The room was spacious, with everything that you would need, bathroom was a good size with plenty of Moulton Brown stuff, for want of a better word.
The pool is fantastic, and this is where we spent most of our time, plenty of sun beds, on the downside some guest were getting up before the birds to bag their favourite space with a book or a towel.then not turning up untill late morning, towards the end of our stay the management were getting a grip of this with the pool boys removing towels after an hour. One nice touch was the pool boys bringing round ice cold flannels during the hottest part of day. Although the pool area is a natural gathering place, it never seemed overcrowded there is a small safe pool for toddlers.
At night the Hotel is very quiet, everyone seemed to disappear, I can heartily recommend the cocktail bar, they make Brandy Sours that are to die for, the first one sets you up for the second but best stop there or you will run out of cash.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, we did not dine in the a la carte restaurant, and only had one evening meal at the resort, like most people staying we ate out in Pissouri . There was no entertainment whilst we were there, which was fine by me, but plenty of Greek nights in the surrounding area. The resort has its own beach which forms part of Pissouri Bay, nothing to get too excited about, but there are plenty of water sports should that be your thing.
We hired a car from Paphos airport, you will need one. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much, the staff were very attentive, and nothing seemed too much trouble, location is perfect, but Cyprus is an Expensive destination. We would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5* Award winning Spa Resort on the south west coast of Cyprus, on the Bay of Pissouri. The architecture is derived from Cypriot roots of culture and tradition. The craftsmen used are all local and brought with them skills handed over through their generations. The Hotels merge harmoniously with the environment, like a chameleon, due to the local stone and wood used. The roofs are typical of the region. These "Reflections" are strongly felt in the interior warmth of the rooms and suites. Hebe Spa lies at the heart of the Resort with the 80m lagoon pool flowing right into it; Elemis is the main Spa range offered along with 5 treatment rooms, sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi, squash & tennis courts along with an aerobics hall and full activity program.Restaurants offer creative Mediterranean cuisines and Italian Gourmet, with fresh fish from the adjacent west waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookcyprus.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Hotel Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Cyprus