We were at the CBR end of February and had a relaxing time. The resort has an impressive hall with a two level high atrium. When we arrived only one person was in that hall. The receptionist. She greeted us friendly and asked us to have a seat. We were given a welcome drink and could do the paperwork in lounge chairs. The first room they assigned us did not have a view at all so we asked and in an instant got one level higher with a very nice view over the giant swimming pool and very close to the main building. The room was one of the largest we ever had. From the door to the balcony you had to do 12 large steps. Also it had a extra high ceiling. From the balcony we had a nice sea and bay view.
The whole complex has a very solid feel. It is made from local stone and wood. You will not find any plastic or Styrofoam. Heavy doors and thick walls keep you away from noisy neighbours. At pre-season not all their restaurants and bars are open. But since the resort is connected to the adjacent hotel with the same name you can use their venues as well. Room charge is no problem. The resort spa is outstanding with a stunning indoor pool, 2 squash courts, sauna and steam room, a hot tub and a decent size gym with a good selection of modern work out equipment. Besides the giant outdoor pool are plenty of lounge chairs also on the lowest level next to the beach. The beach itself is gravel and sand, not particularily nice or well kept. Parts of the board walk are already washed away by the sea. Maybe the do the cleanup in season. We enjoyed to walk Pissouri bay with its natural setting. From one end to the other it takes about 20-30 minutes depending on your walking speed.
In the neighborhood you find also a handful of tavernas as additional dining options. They are half price of the hotel cost and widely used by the guests. Two of them we found very good. Limanaki and Yialos. See our separate reports. Pissouri village is in taxi range (9,5 Euros) but in our season almost every place was closed.
Service people are mostly from Bulgaria or Romania with some locals all speaking very well English and are friendly. Guests are Brits in the majority and Germans. Very few Italians and French. A few young families but most are 70 or older. Saturday evening there was wedding of local Cyprus people. Very civilized. No noise at all. We had booked room and breakfast only what is the better way as their dinner is very formal expensive. Much more fun in the tavernas around. We don´t know how it is in high season. Definitely even more expensive, But we had 20 Celcius on 3 of your five days. Lots of sunshine too the other days. So overall it was a pleasant week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5* Award winning Spa Resort on the south west coast of Cyprus, on the Bay of Pissouri. The architecture is derived from Cypriot roots of culture and tradition. The craftsmen used are all local and brought with them skills handed over through their generations. The Hotels merge harmoniously with the environment, like a chameleon, due to the local stone and wood used. The roofs are typical of the region. These "Reflections" are strongly felt in the interior warmth of the rooms and suites. Hebe Spa lies at the heart of the Resort with the 80m lagoon pool flowing right into it; Elemis is the main Spa range offered along with 5 treatment rooms, sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi, squash & tennis courts along with an aerobics hall and full activity program.Restaurants offer creative Mediterranean cuisines and Italian Gourmet, with fresh fish from the adjacent west waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookcyprus.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Hotel Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Cyprus